THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
04/30/2008 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on April 23, 2008.
BID OPENINGS: Public Works
1. Brown Detour Bridge Construction Garden Valley Road No. 6, Douglas County, OR.
2. Purchase of Pre-cast Concrete Culverts, Douglas County, OR.
3. Opening of proposals for lease of the Milltown Hill Property.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Redirect Mental Health SE 24 Funds: Douglas County Mental Health will take over administrative responsibilities of the SE-24 Funds in the amount of $348,000 for Regional Indigent Acute Mental Health Care beginning July 1, 2008.
1. Grant Application for Juvenile Accountability Block Grant Program Funds. Funds are being granted by the Federal Government and will be passed through the state in the amount of $10,000 for fiscal year 2008/09. This grant has been received for the previous nine fiscal years, and has paid a portion of the salary for a deputy district attorney to prosecute juvenile delinquency cases.
1. Right-of-Way Easements (2). Two right-of-way easements between Douglas County and Menasha Forest Products Corporation. These easements allow access to two county timber sales located south of Reedsport.
1. Order accepting completion of contract with Holm II, Inc. in the amount of $2,124,454.43 for Scott Henry Bridge Replacement, Fort McKay Road No. 9. All requirements have been met.
2. Order accepting completion of contract with Fought & Company, Inc. in the amount of $1,393,175 for purchase of steel superstructure, Riddle Bridge at Cow Creek. All requirements have been met.
3. Contract with OBEC Consulting Engineers in the amount of $167,308.00 (not to exceed) for construction engineering services for Brown Detour Bridge, Douglas County, OR.
4. Extension and modification of contract with Pickets Engineering LLC for regulatory assistance and compliance at Roseburg and Reedsport landfills.
5. Joint Funding Agreement with the US Department of the Interior, U. S. Geological Survey for interpretive work on the North Umpqua River. $47,500 total, April 1, 2008 to December 31, 2009.
6. Amendment to Joint Funding Agreement with the US Department of the Interior, US Geological Survey for water resources investigations. Amends Contract #24177 – increases County portion by $1,850. (Total County portion with increase would now be $138,250.)
7. Eighth extension of contract with RUSA to accept leachate from the Roseburg Landfill.
8. Order restricting the weight of vehicles crossing Hinkle Creek Bridge No. 19C418.
9. Order restricting the weight of vehicles crossing Dancer Bridge No. 19C416.
1. Amendment of request for modification of assistance agreement for law enforcement services to be provided for BLM in the amount of $325,000 which is to be paid to Douglas County.
2. Fourth Extension of Intergovernmental Agreement with the City of Sutherlin for housing of inmates in the amount of $60 per day per inmate.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held
May 7, 2008, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting