THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
04/23/2008 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on April 16, 2008.
Commissioner Laurance will present a proclamation from the Douglas County Board of Commissioners for April 28 through May 2, 2008, as National Volunteer Recognition Week in Douglas County and call upon citizens and organizations throughout Douglas County to recognize and honor the contributions of volunteers.
. Presentation from Brenda Lewis regarding the Douglas County Housing Rehabilitation Program CDBG Grant No. HR504. Includes – Outcome, Housing Rehabilitation and Examples
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. SHERIFF: First Hearing - ATV Diversion Statute. ATV Diversion Program for ATV safety violations that occur on or near the sand in or near Winchester Bay that are filed in Reedsport Justice Court. Revenue from the ATV Diversion Program may be used to defray the costs of the program, program administration, and other related expenses including but not limited to dunes rescue response equipment, deputy patrol of the dunes and maintenance and upkeep of the dunes rescue building.
2. PLANNING: Hearing – Ordinance No. 2008-04-02. Garden Valley Estates, LLC, request for a comprehensive plan amendment and zone change based on a non-resource determination located on Garden Valley County Road 6 at its intersection with Del Rio County Road 31C, northwest of Roseburg. Planning Department File No. 04-230A.
1. Order refunding taxes in the amount of $309.17 to Beaver State Plastics, Inc.
2. The County Assessment Function Funding Assistance (CAFFA) Program was enacted in 1989 to assist in financing of the assessment and taxation costs. Funding for the grants comes from the document recording fees and a portion of the interest from delinquent property taxes from each county. A portion of the collected funds is retained for support of DOR’s industrial and utility property appraisal responsibilities. Each year the county submits the CAFFA document containing the governing body’s certification of proposed expenditures with the A&T departments staffing level and projected work activities. Following review and certification from DOR, a portion of A&T functions of various county departments is funded for the coming year. Projected funding for FY 08-09 is $702,000 or approximately 31% of proposed expenditures.
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Recommendation from Health and Social Services on a selection of a managed care organization for Douglas County Mental Health.
1. Second extension for contract with Edge Wireless for communication services.
MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE
1. Supplemental budget adjustments as described to Board of Commissioners in memo dated April 2, 2008.
1. Contract with Neatline Construction, LLC for Phase II Chief Miwaleta Campground Project in the amount of $181,267. ($89,261 of this project will be provided from grant funds.)
1. Regional Investment application for development and manufacturing of certified industrial sites. Umpqua Economic Development Partnership has three requests to assemble and document all information for site certification. They will hire a manager to oversee the project. This is a capacity building project and all funds are readily available as CCD has already received them from the state. Total project cost is $55,000.
2. Order reappointing Carl Patenode, Bud Schmidt, Dave Sabala, Seth Buechley, Ron Doan, Shari Bagshaw, Charley Thompson and Commissioner Joseph Laurance as members to the CCD Business Development Corporation Board. Terms expire May 31, 2008
3. Resolution from CCD for enterprise zone boundary change - Robert’s Creek Enterprise Zone and E-Commerce Zone.
4. Order appointing members to the Housing Authority of Douglas County.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held April 30, 2008, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting