THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
04/22/2009 9:00:00 AM
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MINUTES of the Board meeting held on April 15, 2009
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
PROCLAMATION – National Volunteer Week
1. Hearing for annexation of property and “Order Incorporating Territory” to the Douglas County Fire District No. 2 (Chief Petitioner: Pooler)
2. Hearing for annexation of property and “Order Incorporating Territory” to the Oakland Rural Fire District (Chief Petitioner: Van Cleave)
1. Orders refunding taxes as follows: Blaine and Twyla Painter, $300.06; SFP-C Limited Partnership, $1,621.24
1. Order to accept a quitclaim deed from Heidi Price. This will correct a legal description error.
1. Approval of Grant Application for Victims of Crime Act (VOCA). The grant provides a victim advocate (.6 FTE) in the Juvenile Department to work with victims of juvenile offenders. The services provided are critical, especially after the passing of House Bill 2127 which embedded the constitutional rights of victims into the Juvenile code of the Oregon Revised Statues.
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Approval of allocation of Special Transportation 53-10-Discretionary funds to providers as follows: Douglas County Reedsport Dial-a-Ride, $45,853; Douglas Residential Training Facility, $127,021; Mercy Express, $7,486; Seniors Escorting Seniors, $4,399; Sutherlin Dial-a-Ride, $12,271; Umpqua Homes for the Handicapped, $17,802; Umpqua Valley Disabilities Network, $15,254; UTRANS, $32,406; Winston Dial-a-Ride, $1,615; Douglas County, $120,129; and Douglas County Developmental Disabilities, $71,470.
1. Agreement for software upgrade – In July 2002, Douglas County entered into a contract with ADP Inc. for licensing of their Payroll and Human Resource software systems. After seven years, the version of the software the County is currently using is no longer supported. This contract will provide the services necessary to upgrade our present ADP system to the most current version and change the software environment from an on site based system to an ADP hosted system.
1. First Modification and Second Extension of Intergovernmental Agreement with Douglas Education Service District. This is for the Teaching American History program. The agreement is extended to June 30, 2010. The modification changes the dollar amount for FY 2008-09 to $51,986.36 and the dollar amount for FY 2009-10 to $23,104.00.
1. Professional Services Agreement with Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt, P.C. and Douglas County for legal services regarding County Forest Trust Lands litigation. Other participants are: Benton County, Columbia County, Coos County, Josephine County, Klamath County, Linn County, Polk County and Tillamook County. This item is continued from the Board meeting of April 8, 2009.
2. Discussion/deliberation for appointment to the Housing Authority of Douglas County Commission.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be held April 29, 2009 at 9:00 a.m. in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, OR.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting