THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
4/18/2007 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meetings for April 4, 2007
Myrtle Creek Transfer Site retaining wall project #0345. Douglas County, OR.
The Board of Commissioners proclaim the week of April 15th through the 21st of 2007, to be
National Volunteer Week in Douglas County to recognize and honor the contributions of volunteers.
The Board of Commissioners proclaim April 27, 2007 as Equal Pay Day.
1. Amendment No.1 to an Intergovernmental Agreement with the State of Oregon’s Department of Transportation and Douglas County for equipment repair and services. This amendment is a two year extension to this agreement.
1. Order of Sale setting a date of May 24, 2007, for the oral auction of a 0.38 acre parcel in Glide. This parcel is a former gas station site that was acquired through property tax foreclosure. Minimum bid is $20,000.
2. Satisfaction of Assignment of Vendee’s Interest in Contract of Sale for collateral purposes with Spooner Ridge, Inc. In 1983, Douglas County entered into a Woodlands Assistance Program loan with Herman Ankenbruck (Spooner Ridge, Inc.). Property is being sold and loan is being paid off. This satisfaction removes the County’s lien from the property.
1. Maintenance Assistance Program Allocation Certification Agreement with the Oregon State Marine Board and Douglas County to cover the costs associated with the maintenance of 26 boat launch facilities in the County. The agreement requires the County Park Department to maintain the facilities. The Oregon State Marine Board provides approximately $70,100 to the Park Department to help defray the costs of maintenance.
1. Order accepting easement from Richard Banducci and Todd Powell for connection to the Glide-Idleyld Park Sewer System.
2. Order accepting easement from Jean Carlile for connection to the Glide-Idleyld Park Sewer System.
3. Extension of Contract No. 22733 with Waste Recovery West, Inc. in the amount of $800 per trailer load or $0.08 per pound for removal of waste tires from the Douglas County Landfill.
4. Second Extension and Modification of Agreement No. 21550 with Willamette Graystone to provide septage tanks for Glide-Idleyld Sewerage System. Tank prices range from $940 per 1,000 gallon tank up to $2,640 per 3,000 gallon tank.
5. Contract with Cradar Enterprises, Inc., in the amount of $366,019.25 for Cedar Street widening, Milepost 0.41 to 0.61, County Road No. 389.
6. Agreement with PacificCorp in the estimated amount of $63,537 for Design Engineering, Construction Engineering and Relocation Construction of Facilities in Conflict with the County’s replacement of Riddle Bridge at Cow Creek.
7. Change Order with LTM, Inc., Coast Division in the amount of $16,205 for overflow basin and piping on the Beach Blvd. and Fourth Street Project.
8. Engineering services Contract with C. F. Malm, LLC, for engineering and consulting services for Galesville Dam Reservoir.
9. First Extension of Extended Warranty Agreement with C. F. Malm Engineers in the amount of $10,288 per year for the SCADA system at Galesville Dam.
10. Second Amended Order determining final assessments and authorizing publication of notice.
11. Change Order No. 1 with Holm II, Inc., in the amount of less $33,750 for deletion of mechanical couplers in deck at the Riddle Bridge at Cow Creek.
12. Change Order No. 2 with Holm II, Inc., in the amount of $76,320 for Myrtle Creek Arch Bridge Rehabilitation.
1. Order appointing and reappointing Jen Bailey, Bob Lane, Nick Botner, David Alsup, Jennifer Williams, Harold Burris and Kittie Coons to the Elk Creek Watershed Council. Terms to expire on March 1, 2008.
2. Order appointing and reappointing Nancy Benzei, James Mast, John Kittelman, Joe Coons, Mary Garrett, Ernie Wheeler, Carl Cox, Jim McGeehon and Barbara Wheeler to the Elk Creek Watershed Council. Terms to expire on March 2, 2009.
3. Order appointing Dave Leonard as a member to the Douglas County Planning Commission. Term to expire February 28, 2011.
4. Order appointing Commissioner Joseph Laurance, Dave Sabala, Bud Schmidt, Seth Buechley, Carl Patenode, Shari Bagshaw and Ron Doan to the CCD Business Development Corporation Board. Terms to expire May 31, 2008.
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled meeting will be held on April 25, 2007, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting