THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
04/16/2008 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on April 9, 2008.
Commissioner Laurance will issue a proclamation for Equal Pay Day to be recognized on April 22, 2008. This national day of action promotes fair pay. Pay equity continues to be an issue of economic justice for women and minorities in the United States.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Hearing for annexation of property and order incorporating territory to the Roseburg Urban Sanitary District. Chief Petitioner: Caprico – Pieske. There are no known objectors at this time. This will be the final hearing. No other hearings are necessary.
2. Hearing for annexation of property and order incorporating territory to the Douglas County Fire District No. 2. Chief Petitioner: Lemm. There are no known objectors at this time. This will be the final hearing. No other hearings are necessary.
1. Intergovernmental Agreement with the State of Oregon for sharing of wireless communication sites and services.
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Contract with Dimensional Construction for advertising on rear of one Umpqua Transit bus. Revenue of $195 monthly for a total of $1,755.
2. Order authorizing purchase of one new GM C5500 Chassis w/Champion Body Bus. Original bid had a clause allowing additional purchases. Funding for purchase is being provided by ODOT grant and donated funds for the match portion of the ODOT grant. Cost is $83,972.
1. Satisfaction of mortgage relative to a loan from the Woodlands Assistance Program to Donna Danille Hall Peckham. The loan, including interest, has been paid in full and the County’s lien is being removed from the property.
2. Lease with Rex Morningstar for office space for the Glendale Justice Court. Term of lease is July 1, 2008 through June 30, 2011. This is the renewal of an existing lease. Rent for term will be $530 per month.
1. Order awarding contract to Neatline Construction, LLC for Phase II Chief Miwaleta Campground Project in the amount of $181,267. $89,261 of this project will be provided from grant funds.
1. Board Order, Planning Department File No. 07-282, regarding Singletree Investments, request for a Plan Amendment to decline review in the matter of appeal of the Planning Commission Decision approving a request for a plan amendment and zone change from committed residential – 2 acre to industrial on a 2.40 acre portion of a 3.62 acre parcel to allow a truck maintenance and repair facility at the intersection of Stocks Lane and the North Umpqua Highway in the Dixonville Rural Community.
1. Order authorizing purchase of Steel Bridge Rail Brown’s Detour Bridge from Double A Metal Fabrication, Inc. in the amount of $132,532.
1. Regional Investment Fund Sub-grant for Sunrise Enterprise.
2. Regional Investment Application for Hoover Treated Wood Products to increase treating capacity and provide additional water main fire protection. Regional Investment funds are readily available and no county funds are needed as CCD has already received the funds from the state. Total project cost is $179,827.
3. Regional Investment Application for Development and Manufacturing of Certified Industrial Sites. Umpqua Economic Development Partnership has three requests to assemble and document all information for site certification. They will hire a manager to oversee the project. This is a capacity building project and all funds are readily available as CCD has already received them from the state. Total project cost is $55,000.
4. Order appointing Cynthia Pringle as a member to the Douglas County Senior Services Advisory Council. Term to expire June 30, 2009.
5. Order reappointing the following members to the Veterans Advisory Committee:
James Pershall and Michael Hendricks. Terms to expire October 26, 2009.
6. Order appointing the following members to the Veterans Advisory Committee:
James Little and Dawn Shumack, terms to expire October 26, 2009; and,
John Parker, term to expire April 9, 2009.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held
April 23, 2008, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting