THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
04/15/2009 9:00:00 AM
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MINUTES of the Board meeting held on April 8, 2009
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
PROCLAMATION – National Library Week
1. Orders refunding taxes as follows: Blake W. Bennett, $809.07; Fred and Venita Warner, $591.65; Blockbuster Video #41003, $2,076.94; Hoover Universal Inc., $5,141.00; Dennis and Luella Zuver, $429.60; and Shari’s of Roseburg, $1,538.33.
1. Order authorizing Curt Strickland to apply for a Federal Grant. This is a new grant offered under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (part of the stimulus package). This grant does not require any matching funding by the County. If awarded, DINT will purchase three vehicles for investigative purposes. Grant amount: $89,090.00.
2. Order authorizing Curt Strickland to apply for a Federal Grant. This is a new grant offered under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (part of the stimulus package). This grant does not require any matching funding by the County. If awarded, DINT will rehire an intelligence analyst that was lost in July 2008. This would be a two year grant that would provide salary, benefits, additional equipment, supplies, computer programs and services required by the Intelligence Analyst. The grant would also pay for attendance at two Department of Justice meetings as required by the grant. Grant amount: $150,000.
1. Order of Sale setting an auction date and time of May 21, 2009 at 10 a.m. in Room 216 of the Courthouse for the oral auction of 13 parcels that have been acquired by Douglas County through property tax foreclosure. A minimum acceptable bid has been set for each parcel.
1. Contract with Neatline Construction, LLC in the amount of $71,168.58 for construction of a sidewalk for Salmon Harbor pedestrian bridge.
1. ATV Grant Program Agreement for the replacement of a 2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab pickup truck dedicated for ATV patrols in Douglas County. Cost is $19,499.20 or 80% of total cost of the project, whichever amount is less.
1. Modification of Lease Agreement with Aldercraft LLC to provide temporary reduction in rent to assist them in this time of economic downturn. The Industrial Development Board has recommended a reduction in the amount of $750 per month through October 2009.
2. Order establishing a County Road Maintenance Grant project.
3. Discussion/deliberation for appointment to the SE Booth Avenue Special Road District
4. Discussion/deliberation for appointment to the Traffic Safety Commission
5. Discussion/deliberation for appointment to the Standley Road District
6. Discussion/deliberation for appointment to the Partnership for the Umpqua Rivers
7. Discussion/deliberation on appointment to the Budget/Compensation Committee
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT OF THE BUSINESS MEETING OF THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS AND CONVENING AS THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE DOUGLAS COUNTY 4-H, MASTER GARDENER, AND EXTENSION SERVICE DISTRICT.
1. Resolution in the matter of appointing a budget committee for the Douglas County 4-H, Master Gardener and Extension Service District.
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be held April 22, 2009 at 9:00 a.m. in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, OR.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting