THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
04/09/2008 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on April 2, 2008.
1. Public Works: Purchase of steel rail, Brown’s Detour Bridge, Douglas County, OR.
Commissioner Kittelman will introduce recipients of the Ovation Award which was received by the Reedsport/Winchester Bay Chamber of Commerce.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Agreement for Communication Services for North Douglas County Fire and EMS. This is a 5 year agreement, effective July 1, 2008, with annual increases of 2% to 5%. $12,394.24 paid to the County at the rate of $3,098.56 quarterly.
2. Agreement for Communication Services for the City of Roseburg (police and fire). This is a 5 year agreement, effective July 1, 2008, with annual increases of 2% to 5%. $355,214.34 paid to the County at the rate of $88,803.59 quarterly.
1. Delegation of Authority Report from Keith Cubic, Director of the Planning Department.
1. Contract with Beckley Excavation and Utility in the amount of $304,080 for crushing, hauling, and stockpiling mineral aggregates for North District, Douglas County, Oregon.
2. Order granting Vacation for a portion of Grant Smith County Road No. 188 upon performance or fulfillment of conditions. Petitioners are Jack E. Havel and F&C Market Rentals Corp.
3. Change Order No. 5 with Holm II, Inc. in the amount of $70,000 for replacement of Riddle Bridge at Cow Creek.
4. Change Order No. 2 with Holm II, Inc. in the amount of $40,400 for Diamond Creek Bridge replacement.
1. County owned timber sales: Discussion on sustainable supply to local economy.
2. Order reappointing Ethel Dibala as a member to the Coastal Planning Advisory Committee. Term to expire April 9, 2011.
3. Order reappointing the following as members of the Regional Workforce Investment Board. All terms to expire December 31, 2009:
Bruce Cronk, Industrial & Engineering; Amber Johnson, Human Resources; Wes Melo, Industrial & Engineering; Dotty Randall, Business & Management; and Sid Wells, Health Services
4. Order reappointing Paul Haddock as a member to the Callahan Planning Advisory
Committee. Term to expire April 9, 2011.
5. Order reappointing Linda Wells as a member to the Douglas Planning Advisory Committee. Term to expire April 9, 2011.
6. Order reappointing Nancy Benzel as a member to the Elk Creek Planning Advisory Committee. Term to expire April 9, 2011.
7. Order reappointing Joseph Alvernaz as a member to the North Umpqua Planning Advisory Committee. Term to expire April 9, 2011.
8. Order reappointing Nancy Lee as a member to the Coastal Planning Advisory Committee. Term to expire April 9, 2011.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held
April 16, 2008, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse,
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting