THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
04/08/2009 9:00:00 AM
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MINUTES of the Board meeting held on April 1, 2009
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
PROCLAMATION – Public Health Week
1. Second reading of Ordinance No. 2009-03-01 amending Chapter 2.16 of the Douglas County Code regarding Douglas County Industrial Development Board (DCIDB) Membership.
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Contract with Umpqua Community Health Center. Provides funding for school based Health Center for the Winston Dillard School District. Contract maximum is $65,932.00
1. Oregon Department of Justice Class C & D Bingo Gaming License Renewal/Upgrade Application. This allows bingo to be played at the Fairgrounds. In the past the Fair Board has signed the applications. The process now requires approval of the Board of Commissioners.
1. The Douglas County Library System requests approval to join 18 other Oregon Public Libraries in subscribing to a service (with OverDrive, Inc.) which allows library patrons to download recorded audio books (and some education video) to home computers, and use them on portable media players. Cost for the next fiscal year total is $11,238.06. It is expected this will be paid by the use of “gift money.”
1. Delegation of Authority Report – by Keith Cubic
1. Second Extension of Contract with C. F. Malm, LLC for Engineering and Consulting Services for Galesville Dam. Extends contract through June 30, 2010. Work is done by assignment. Each assignment has a $25,000 limit.
2. Third Extension of Extended Warranty Agreement No. 22578 with C.F. Malm, LLC for SCADA System at Galesville Dam. Extends Agreement through June 30, 2010. Contract amount is $10,904.00.
1. Fifth extension of Intergovernmental Agreement for the Housing of Inmates with the City of Myrtle Creek. The cost is $65 per prisoner day for each City prisoner accepted and housed pursuant to this agreement.
1. Discussion/Deliberation for appointment to the Douglas County Budget Committee
2. Professional Services Agreement with Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt, P.C. and Douglas County for legal services regarding County Forest Trust Lands litigation. Other participants are: Benton County, Columbia County, Coos County, Josephine County, Klamath County, Linn County, Polk County and Tillamook County.
3. Discussion of the Douglas County Road Maintenance Project Proposal
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be held April 15, 2009 at 9:00 a.m. in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, OR.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting