THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
4/4/2007 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meetings for March 28, 2007
Purchase of Pre-cast Concrete Arch Culverts, Douglas County, Oregon.
The Board of Commissioners proclaim the week of April 8th through the 14th of 2007, to be
National Public Safety Telecommunications Week in Douglas County in honor of the men and
women whose diligence and professionalism keep our County and its citizens safe.
The Board of Commissioners proclaim the week of April 2nd through the 8th of 2007, to be
National Public Health Week in Douglas County in recognition of the local public health heroes
who have contributed to the health and well-being of its residents.
1. Order refunding taxes to Huffman & Wright Logging in the amount of $2,375.31.
2. Order refunding taxes to Gametech International, Inc. in the amount of $515.17.
COMMISSION ON CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
1. Federal Fund Extension request in the amount of $20,425 from the Youth Investment grant stream, dedicated to services for non-delinquent youth who are chronically acting out or are victims of neglect. Funds are to be allocated during the 2007-09 biennium in support of the Multi-systemmic Therapy Program offered by Options’ Counseling, Inc.
2. Douglas County’s 2005-07 Budget Distribution for the State Commission on Children and Families. Total budget: $1,631,533.
3. Amendment to Contract No. 21534 with Sutherlin School District in the amount of $15,183 for administering the after-school program in Sutherlin.
4. Amendment to Contract No. 21539 with Southwestern Oregon Community Action Committee, Inc. in the amount of $15,183 for administering the after-school program in Reedsport.
5. Amendment to Contract No. 21584 with CASA of Douglas County which revises section 14.4 of the current contract agreement to read that the grantee shall provide a copy of any audit conducted of grantee’s activities under this grant to the County within sixty days of any audit. CCF gives CASA $22,500 annually. Total Budget is $194,000.
6. Amendment to Contract No. 21629 in the amount of $15,183 with the Riddle School District for administering the after-school program in Riddle.
7. Amendment No 5 to Intergovernmental Agreement 0507 with Douglas County to revise the Healthy Start allocation to $417,785.
1. Order awarding contract for Bid #938 with Donald W. Thompson in the amount of $63,300 for re-roofing of the Windy Cove B restroom and $39,000 for the re-roofing of the River Forks Park restroom.
2. Contract for Bid #938 with Donald W. Thompson in the amount of $63,300 for the Windy Cove B restroom re-roofing
3. Contract for Bid #938 with Donald W. Thompson in the amount of $39,000 for the River Forks Park restroom re-roofing.
4. Order Accepting Completion of Contract – Construction of Dunes Rescue Building with Wildish Building Company in the amount of $280,601.00.
1. Keith Cubic will present the Annual Report for Planning Department activity in 2006.
2. Hearing for the Order Approving Boundaries and Setting Final Hearing and Notice of Public Hearing for formation of the Darley Drive Special Road District by Chief Petitioners: Ware, West and Bell. There are no known objectors to the proposed district. Hearing date can be set for May 9, 2007.
3. Hearing for Annexation of Property and Order Incorporating Territory to the Douglas County Fire District 2. Chief Petitioner: Ruegg. There are no known objectors at this time. This is a final hearing. No other hearings are necessary.
4. Hearing for Annexation of Property and Order Incorporating Territory to the Winston-Dillard Water District. Chief Petitioner: Laurance. There are no known objectors at this time. This is a final hearing. No other hearings are necessary.
5. Hearing for Annexation of Property and Order Incorporating Territory to the Douglas County Fire District #2. Chief Petitioner: Anthony. This is a final hearing. No other hearings are necessary.
6. Hearing for annexation of Property and Order Incorporating Territory to the Kellogg Rural Fire District. Chief Petitioner: Wanner. This is a final hearing. No other hearings are necessary.
1. Amended Order Determining Final Assessments and Authorizing Publication of Notice for Moorea Drive.
2. Extension of Contract with Roseburg Refrigeration in the amount of $42.80 per employee hour for removal of chlorofluorocarbons from refrigerated units at the Roseburg and Reedsport transfer sites.
3. Real Estate Option and Order Accepting a Warranty Deed from Leonard F. Scott and Deloris F. Scott for the Acquisition of Right of Way to be used for the Widening and Realignment of Pruner County Road No. 20 and Replacement of the Pruner Road Bridge. Consideration is $10,500.00.
1. Order appointing members to the Central Safety Team. Terms will expire January 30, 2008.
2. Order appointing Lawrence Williams and Stephen Trout to the Weed Advisory Board. Terms will expire December 31, 2009.
3. Order reappointing Jan Tetreault as a member of the Coastal Planning Advisory Committee. Term to expire February 18, 2010.
4. Order reappointing Clay Jordan as a member of the Callahan Planning Advisory Committee. Term to expire March 24, 2010.
5. Order reappointing Kris Nace as a member of the Cow Creek Planning Advisory Committee. Term to expire March 24, 2010.
6. Order reappointing Thomas Brian Parkinson as a member to the Douglas County Planning Commission. Term to expire February 28, 2011.
7. Order reappointing Jack Van Dolah and Rick Stewart as members to the Veterans Advisory Committee. Terms to expire January 5, 2009.
8. Order appointing Nelson Cauble and Deszoe Nagy as members to the Veterans Advisory Committee. Terms to expire April 4, 2009.
1. Supplemental Budget for the Health Department’s Umpqua Transit System requesting an additional transfer from the General Fund of $89,556. This additional transfer brings the total transfer from the General Fund for this program to $192,025 for Fiscal Year 2006-07.
NEXT MEETING: There will be no meeting on April 11th; the next scheduled meeting will be held on April 18, 2007, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting