THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
3/28/2007 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meetings for March 21, 2007
1. Bid opening for Cedar Street Widening Milepost 0.41 to 0.61 County Road No. 389, Douglas County, Oregon
1. Order refunding taxes to Donald L. & Leah L. Kimberling in the amount of $993.51.
1. Award of Bid #928 – One (1) New 1-1/2 Ton Std Cab Two Wheel Drive Cab Chassis with Dual Rear Wheels and Stake Rack Platform with Hydraulic Dump. Bid was opened at the regular Board of Commissioners meeting on March 7, 2007. Vehicle is for the Parks Department.
1. Notice of Timber Sale setting a date of April 26, 2007 for the oral auction of four County timber sales.
MANAGEMENT & FINANCE
1. Extension of Contract with current auditing firm for three more years. This firm specializes in audit work and they are familiar with county government since they audit other counties in Oregon.
1. Order affirming the decision of the Planning Commission in the Beacon Advertising Quasi-judicial amendment to the Douglas County Comprehensive Plan. On February 15, 2007, the Planning Commission approved a Plan Amendment from Tourist Commercial to Industrial, with a Zone Change from CRE to ME on a 4.91 acre parcel on Eagle Valley Road just north of I-5 Exit 150.
2. Order affirming the decision of the Planning Commission in the Beacon Advertising Quasi-judicial amendment to the Douglas County Comprehensive Plan. On February 15, 2007, the Planning Commission approved a Plan Amendment from Tourist Commercial to Industrial with a Zone Change from CRE to ME on a 0.36 acre parcel on Rathburn Road, south of Sutherlin to allow placement of a billboard.
1. Contract with KPIC for advertising air time to promote waste reduction and recycling through local television.
2. Order Authorizing Maintenance of a Local Access Road Kenneth Ford Drive No. 909 and Jerry’s Drive No. 909-A.
3. Local Agency Agreement with Oregon Department of Transportation for Replacement of Railroad Signal on Dole Road.
4. Contract with Holm II, Inc., in the amount of $2,225,029.50 for Diamond Creek Bridge Replacement Tiller-Trail Highway, Douglas County, Oregon.
5. Extension of Contract with Pickets Engineering, LLC, for regulatory assistance and compliance at Roseburg and Reedsport Landfills.
6. Extension of Lease with Friebel Cattle Co., for cattle grazing on Milltown Hill property.
7. Contract Extension with Biomass One for the Sale of Recycled Material from the Douglas County Landfill. Biomass One agrees to pay $1.32 per green ton.
8. Real Estate Option and Order accepting a Warranty Deed from Tanya Debra Juelke and Bjorn Kenneth Nillson for the Acquisition of Right of Way to be used for the Widening and Realignment of Rolling Hills Road, County Road No. 366. Consideration is $18,257.00 (plus escrow fees)
9. Order accepting Easement from Jesse and Heather Hatcher for connection to the Glide-Idleyld Park Sewer System.
1. 2007 Emergency Management Performance Grant
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled meeting will be held on April 4, 2007, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes. A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information Technology Office. The cost of a DVD is $5.00 per meeting.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting