THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
03/26/2008 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on March 19, 2008.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Intergovernmental Agreement with Coos, Crook, Deschutes, Jefferson and Klamath counties for loan of voter tabulation equipment and software to allow for an election to continue in the event of an emergency.
1. Notice of withdrawal from Jefferson Behavioral Health.
2. Approval of Addictions and Mental Health Biennial County Implementation Plan.
1. Notice of Timber Sale setting date and time of April 24, 2008, at 10 a.m. for the oral auction of three counties owned timber sales: South Winchester #276, Clear Land #277, and Lookingglass #278.
1. Order authorizing purchase of vault toilet in the amount of $28,123 with Chase from CST Precast Concrete Products. Purchase is from Oregon State Price Agreement #5237PA and is exempt per LCRB 4.24 (ORCPPP Agreement Purchase). Purchase is for Winchester Bay.
1. Annual overview of planning activity report for 2007. This presentation is informational and no action is required.
2. Order affirming the decision of the Planning Commission in the TASCO LLC quasi-judicial amendment to the Douglas County Comprehensive Plan Map from commercial to industrial together with a zone change from rural community commercial to rural community industrial on a 0.01 acre portion of a 1.18 acre parcel in the Clark’s Branch Rural Community. Planning Department File No. 07-290.
3. Order affirming the decision of the Planning Commission in the TASCO LLC quasi-judicial amendment to the Douglas County Comprehensive Plan Map from commercial to industrial together with a zone change from rural community commercial to rural community industrial on a 0.01 acre portion of a 0.57 acre parcel in the Rice Hill Rural Community. Planning Department File No. 07-289.
1. Contract with Kerr Contractors, Inc. in the amount of $1,948,365 for construction of South Calapooia Street (Sutherlin) Milepost 4.32 to 4.90, Douglas County, Oregon.
2. Order authorizing purchase of rolled steel beams from Metals, USA in the amount of $374,844.96.
3. Order authorizing purchase of precast concrete deck panels from Picknell Construction LLC in the amount of $315,000.
4. Preliminary order approving vacation of a portion of Grant Smith County Road No. 188 without hearing. Petitioners are Jack E. Havel and F & C Market Rental Corp.
1. Industrial Development Board: Land Sale Agreement for sale of 2.58 acres in the Sutherlin Industrial Park to Arlenda Property, LLC. The preliminary sale price is $170,000 but it may be adjusted downward in the approximate amount of $14,435 upon confirmation that wetlands exceed the acreage estimated for purposes of the appraisal.
2. Order awarding contract for the Winchester Bay Sanitary District Wastewater Treatment System improvements to Laskey-Clifton Corporation. The project engineer has recommended this award, and the District has already made an award contingent upon the approval of the county and USDA Rural Utilities Service. Douglas County must award the bid because the county will pass through a Community Development Block Grant that partially funds the project.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held
April 2, 2008, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse,
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting