THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
03/25/2009 9:00:00 AM
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on March 18, 2009
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. First Reading of the Ordinance Amending Chapter 2.16 of the Douglas County Code Regarding membership on the Douglas County Industrial Development Board.
1. Bargain and Sale Deed for Umpqua Community Health Center and Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions for Douglas County Nonprofit Campus.
1. Order Awarding Contract to Brim Aviation for Helicopter Charter Services for Law Enforcement (Ariel Reconnaissance of Illegal Drugs) – RFP #968 was opened on March 11, 2009 by Management & Finance. Eleven bids were mailed and four companies responded. The most responsible bid was received from Brim Aviation. The cost is $735.00 per hour of helicopter flight time (includes fuel truck) and $367.50 daily ferry rate.
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICE
1. Approval of Grant Application for American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) – Funding Request is for $460,069.00.
1. Agreement with Mowat Construction for Use of Water at Amacher Park – The Oregon Department of Transportation has contracted with Mowat Construction to perform repairs to the I-5 North Umpqua River Bridges. The contractor is staging on the portion of Amacher Park that is owned by ODOT and leased to Douglas County. Mowat is seeking permission through this agreement to use and pay for potable water through the entire construction project. This agreement will extend for the life of the project which is anticipated to be completed August 2010.
1. Order to decline review in the matter of an appeal of the Planning Commission Remand Decision Approving a Plan Amendment and Zone Change to Allow a Freight Trucking Facility in Dixonville. PD File 07-282 (SINGLE TREE INVESTMENTS)
1. Order Granting Vacation of a Portion of Whitney Court Upon Performance or Fulfillment of Conditions – Petitioner: Michael Bruce Repchinuck.
1. Eighth Extension of Contract with Rex Morningstar for Office Space in Glendale. Cost is $365.00 per year.
2. Intergovernmental Agreement with University of Oregon and Douglas County – for a Multi-County Catastrophic Recovery Plan Paid for from a Grant from Oregon Emergency Management and U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Cost is $242,631 paid to the University of Oregon.
3. Acceptance of FY 2008 grant award from the Interoperable Emergency Communications Grant Program. This will provide funds to hire a Contractor to Develop a County Radio Use Training Program for all Users of the County Radio System. Grant Award is in the amount of $11,963.00
4. Contract Extension with the City of Canyonville for Police Services - $151,508.07 to be paid to Douglas County
5. Contract Extension with the City of Yoncalla for Police Services - $14,805.83 to be paid to Douglas County
1. Contract Amendment – Fourth Amendment of Contract # 24088 with Paul Ellis dba Ellis Electric – Amendment increases contract an additional $25,000 (total contract not to exceed $125,000) and extends to June 30, 2010 as a consultant for the 911 Communications System.
1. Deliberation and Decision of Appointments to the Douglas County Library Board.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be held April 1, 2009 at 9:00 a.m. in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, OR.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting