THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
03/19/2008 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on March 12, 2008.
1. Public Works: Bid opening for purchase of rolled steel beams – Brown’s Detour Bridge – Douglas County, OR.
2. Public Works: Bid opening for purchase of pre-cast concrete bridge deck panels – Brown’s Detour Bridge – Douglas County, OR.
3. Public Works: Bid opening – crushing, hauling and stockpiling mineral aggregates for North District, Douglas County, OR.
4. Public Works: Bid opening – crushing, hauling and stockpiling mineral aggregates for South District, Douglas County, OR.
5. Public Works: Bid opening – crushing, hauling and stockpiling mineral aggregates for Central District, Douglas County, OR.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. CLERK: Second Hearing amending Section 2.36.060C.3 of the Douglas County Code to reflect correct language per Oregon Revised Statues 250.035(c).
COMMISSION ON CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
1. Amendment #2 between Oregon Commissioner on Children and Families and Douglas County. This amendment adds new funding in the amount of $122,376 for the operation of the runaway and homeless youth drop-in center.
1. Requesting acceptance of proposed plan for Senate Bill 111 in response to the use of deadly physical force by law enforcement in the line of duty.
2. Notice of Termination of Child Support Enforcement Agreement.
1. Contract with Umpqua Community Health Center in the amount of $30,000 for funding for planning grant for school based health center
1. Modification of contract with Southern Septic.
2. Order accepting easement from Patric R. and Sophia J. Reid for connection to the Glide-Idleyld Park sewer system
1. County delegates authority to Oakland Veterinary Clinic and Countryside Veterinary Clinic to sell dog licenses on behalf of the County. Dog licenses sell for $6 for an altered dog; $25 for an un-altered dog. The vet will keep $1.00 for each license sold.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held March 26, 2008, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse,
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting