THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
03/12/2008 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on March 5, 2008.
1. Public Works: Bid opening for construction of S. Calapooia Street (Sutherlin) M.P. 4.32 to
4.90 (208) County Road No. 388.
1. LAND: Hearing regarding the relinquishment of title to property not needed by Douglas County to the City of Winston. Affects four small parcels that were acquired by the County through property tax foreclosure and will be used by the City of Winston for road right-of-way. Hearing was set in a Resolution to Relinquish signed by the Board on February 13th.
Douglas County Regional Workforce Investment Board will present their 2006-2007 Report
to the Board of Commissioners.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Requesting acceptance of proposed plan for Senate Bill 111 in response to the use of deadly physical force by law enforcement in the line of duty.
1. Bargain and Sale Deed to the City of Winston for four small parcels that were acquired by the county through property tax foreclosure and will be used by the city of Winston for road right-of-way.
1. Easement Agreement for Crab Dock Restroom. In order to place a vault toilet at the Crab Dock in Winchester Bay, Douglas County is required to apply for an easement from the Oregon Division of State Lands. The 30 year easement will allow the Park Department to construct and place a vault toilet in the parking area at the entrance to the crab dock. The $750 application fee has been paid and an additional $250 compensatory payment will be required.
2. License to use land under the crab dock. Because the Oregon Division of State Lands manages all submersible coastal lands in the State of Oregon , Douglas County is required to enter into a licensing agreement with DSL in order to manage and maintain the crab dock for recreational purposes in Winchester Bay. The license fee is in effect for 15 years. The $250 licensing fee has been prepaid.
1. Preliminary Order approving vacation of property without hearing for Roseburg Home Orchard Tracts.
2. Amendment of local IGA #24150-01 with Oregon Department of Transportation to fund and construct the temporary detour bridge in connection with the replacement of Brown’s Bridge. Revenue will amount to $2,000,000.
3. Order Accepting Completion of Contract: with Carter and Company, Inc. in the amount of $520,388.25 for Deadman Creek Bridge replacement South Umpqua Road No. 46. The contract has been completed and all requirements have been met.
4. Order accepting Completion of Contract with Carter and Company, Inc. in the amount of $1,402,295.71 for Days Creek Bridge replacement Tiller-Trail Highway. The contact has been completed and all requirements have been met.
1 Order appointing Javier Goirigoizarri as a member of the Douglas County Planning Commission. Term to expire February 28, 2012.
2. Order appointing Vicki Howren as a member to the South Umpqua Planning Advisory Committee. Term to expire March 12, 2011.
3. Order appointing Fred Becker as a member to the Douglas Planning Advisory Committee. Term to expire March 12, 2011.
4. First Extension of Contract No. 23398 with Garvey Schubert Barer for legal services.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held
March 19, 2008, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse,
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting