THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
3/7/2007 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meetings for February 28, 2007
1. Bid opening for (1) New 1-1/2 T Std Cab 2 WD Cab Chassis w/Dual Rear Wheels/Stake Rack Platform w/Hyd Dump.
2. Bid Opening for Diamond Creek Bridge Replacement Tiller-Trail Hwy County Road No. 1 M.P. 38.73, Douglas County, Oregon.
1. Order refunding taxes to C2S Group, LLC in the amount of $1,321.86.
2. Order refunding taxes to Advanced Metal Technology, Inc in the amount of $881.19.
3. Order refunding taxes to Otis E., Jr. and Deanne Clayton, TRS c/o Otis and Deanne Clayton Trust in the amount of $5,700.82.
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Agreement with D.B.D., L.L.C. dba 76 Conoco Phillips for placement of a mass transit bus sign to be located at 1859 Diamond Lake Blvd., Roseburg, Oregon 97470.
2. Agreement with the City of Winston for placement of a bus shelter to be located at Riverbend Park, 243 SE Thompson Avenue, Winston, Oregon 97496.
3. Agreement with Harvard Medical Park, LTD for placement of a bus shelter to be located at 1937 W. Harvard, Roseburg, Oregon 97470.
4. Agreement with Harvard Medical Park, LTD/DBA Department of Human Services. DHS is the sub-lessee of property in which the shelter will be placed.
5. Memorandum of Understanding between Healthy Start of Douglas County and Healthy Start of Lane County regarding a system of referrals for Lane County clients who reside in, or are planning on moving to, Douglas County. Agreement commences on January 1, 2007 and remains in force until revoked.
MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE
1. Second reading of Ordinance 2007-02-02, an Ordinance Amending Douglas County Coded 3.02 to allow payment without prior Board approval of charges incurred for services performed in emergency circumstances.
1. Amendment of Agreement for Construction of Dunes Rescue Building. The contract with Wildish Building Co., Inc. needs to be extended due to additional work needed at the Dunes Rescue building.
2. Contract Change Order: Additional work was needed for the Dunes Rescue Building for drainage and lighting. A contract change order is needed with Wildish building Co. in the amount of $2,501.00,
3. Amendment & Extension of Contract 23163: The Park Department would like to amend and extend the Contract with Cameron, McCarthy, Gilbert, & Scheibe for landscape architectural services in the amount of $2,350.00 and extending until December 31, 2007.
4. Quitclaim Deed – Jackson Wayside: The Park Department would like to present a Quitclaim Deed to George A. and Constance V. Coriaty a portion of property within the Jackson Wayside Park property.
1. Hearing for the Annexation of property and “Order Incorporating Territory” to the Douglas County Fire District #2. Chief Petitioner: CLARK: This will be the final hearing for annexation of this property to the Douglas County Fire Protection District #2 and the “Order Incorporating Territory.”
2. Order Accepting Irrevocable Offer to Sell Property (Property Owner: CKB Properties LLC) with Waiver of Objection to Assessment: In conjunction with Land Partition (File No. 06-157), property owner, CKB Properties LLC is entering into an irrevocable Offer to Sell together with a Waiver of Objection to Assessment to facilitate the future extension of Valley Drive (County Road No. 295B). This action implements the Comprehensive Plan and the Land Use and Development Ordinance and has an essential nexus to the request and impact to the additional lots.
3. Hearing for Annexation of property and “Order Incorporating Territory” to the Lookingglass Rural Fire District. Chief Petitioner: JOHNSON: This will be the final hearing for annexation of this property to the Lookingglass Rural Fire District and the “Order Incorporating Territory.”
4. Hearing for Annexation of property and “Order Incorporating Territory” to the Douglas County Fire District #2. Chief Petitioner: HAMILTON: This will be the final hearing for annexation of this property to the Douglas County Fire Protection District #2 and the “Order Incorporating Territory.”
5. Hearing for Annexation of property and “Order Incorporating Territory” to the Douglas County Fire District #2. Chief Petitioner: DAMSHCEN: This will be the final hearing for annexation of this property to the Douglas County Fire Protection District #2 and the “Order Incorporating Territory.”
1. Second Reading of Ordinance 2007-02-01, An Ordinance Amending Chapter 10.08 of the Douglas county Cod: This Ordinance will amend Chapter 10.08 of the Douglas County Code to prohibit heavy vehicles from traveling on Douglas County Road No. 108 (Strickland Canyon Road).
1. Order appointing Gary Bilyeu as a member to the sunshine Acres Special Road District Board of Commissioners. Term to expire December 31, 2009.
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled meeting will be held on March 14, 2007, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting