THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
03/05/2008 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on February 27, 2008.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. CLERK: First Reading of Ordinance No. 2008-01-01 amending Section 2.36.060 C.3. of the Douglas County Code concerning ballot titles to reflect correct language per Oregon Revised Statutes 250-035(c).
1. Order refunding taxes to Robert S. Hayes in the amount of $1,812.01.
2. Order refunding taxes to Geno F. and Elizabeth C. Edwards in the amount of $580.30.
1. Intergovernmental Agreement with DHS, HS, regarding enforcement of Oregon Indoor Clean Air Act.
2. Amendment #6 to Intergovernmental Agreement with DHS with Public Health in the amount of $48,875 for financial assistance award for Tobacco Prevention and Education Program.
3. Intergovernmental Agreement to provide public health emergency assistance between the following counties: Deschutes, Crook, Douglas, Grant, Harney, Jefferson, Klamath, Lake, Lane, Linn, and Wheeler.
1. Intergovernmental Agreement with the State of Oregon, Douglas Education Service District and the Museum to provide American history instruction to local teachers. County will be compensated $79,195 for expenses.
1. Modification of Contract No. 22293 with Umpqua Research Company, Inc. for landfill monitoring analyses.
2. Order accepting completion of Contract with LTM, Inc. in the amount of $428,804.84 for rehabilitation of Newton Creek Road Milepost 0.02 to 1.22, County Road No. 84. Contract has been completed and all requirements have been met.
3. Memorandum of Understanding with City of Sutherlin for the construction of Hastings Avenue.
1. This is an updated hazard analysis for Douglas County. This document is required to be updated or reviewed every five years. This helps raise the level of understanding of local officials and citizens to measures that help prevent or mitigate hazard events. This is required as part of the EMPG grant from FEMA
1 Resolution to re-designate the Sutherlin-Oakland Enterprise Zone per request of zone sponsors (Douglas County, cities of Sutherlin and Oakland).
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held March 12, 2008, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse,
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting