THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
02/27/2008 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on February 20, 2008.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. HEALTH: Second of two public hearings to consider amendments to Chapter 8.10 of the Douglas County Code relating to Ambulance Service Ordinance, #2008-02-01. The Board will hear testimony and receive written comments. All interested persons may appear and be heard. Effective date will be May 29, 2008.
2. HEALTH: Second of two public hearings to consider amendments to the Douglas County Ambulance Service Plan, Ordinance #2008-02-02. The Board will hear testimony and receive written comments. All interested persons may appear and be heard. Effective date will be May 29, 2008.
3. SAVING GRACE: Second of two public hearings to consider an ordinance authorizing a grant to Saving Grace, Inc. from Douglas County in the amount of $500,000. The Board will hear testimony and receive written comments. All interested persons may appear and be heard. Effective date will be May 29, 2008.
EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS 911
1. Revocable license for placement of repeater at 1065 Cougar Creek Road, Oakland, OR. No cost for license
1. Order authorizing purchase of herbicides from UAP Distribution, Inc. for $99,635.35. Douglas
County is authorized to purchase from the Oregon Cooperative Purchasing Program. Purchase is exempt from competitive procurement per LCRB Rule 4.24.
1. Reappointment of Gerald Bacon as a member to the Douglas County Historic Resource Review Committee. Term to expire December 23, 2011.
2. Reappointment of Dale Rummel as a member to Overlook-Scottview District Board of Directors. Term will run through December 31, 2010.
3. Appointment of Roy Spurgeon as a member to the Special Transportation Advisory Committee. Term to expire June 30, 2009.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held
March 5, 2008, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse,
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting