THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
02/18/2009 9:00:00 AM
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on February 11, 2009.
PROCLAMATION – Declaring March 17, 2009 as Youth with Disabilities Awareness Day in Douglas County.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Petition by Back Nine Development, LLC to Annex Property into the Roseburg Urban Sanitary Authority.
1. Award of Bid #967 for Four (4) New Full-Size, Four Door, Rear Wheel Drive Police Sedans –One bid was received and rejected. The award is to purchase from Oregon Cooperative Purchasing Program Agreement with Canby Ford, Inc. in the amount of $89,570, a cost savings of $1,146.00
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Delegation Order – Delegates authority to Peggy Kennerly to sign all documents related to the “Preventing Tooth Decay in Pregnant Women and Their Children.”
2. Distribution of ODOT Special Transportation and Discretionary Funds – Approval of the Special Transportation Advisory Committee’s (STAC) recommendation for the distribution of 2009-2011 Discretionary/5310 Funds for a total of $454,706.00.
• Douglas Resident Training Facilities - $102,292.00 (Four vehicles & maintenance)
• Douglas County (UTRANS) - $165,168.00 (Shelter & vehicle maintenance)
• Douglas County - $115,776.00 (Purchased services)
• Douglas County Developmental Disabilities – $64,323.00 (Medicaid match)
• Senior Companion Program – $7,147.00 (Operations)
1. Intergovernmental Agreement – Douglas County and the City of Roseburg desire to implement an Intergovernmental Agreement to bring both governments into compliance with Federal Government requirements for use of the National Crime Information Center, the Law Enforcement Data System and the Criminal Justice Information System.
1. Measure 49 Update – Ballot Measure 37 was replaced with Ballot Measure 49. This agenda item is an update on Measure 49 claims in Douglas County and the impact of the change in the law on prior filings.
2. Order Accepting Internal Lot Line Vacation (property owner: Industrial Tire Service, Inc.) as provided in ORS 368.351
1. Preliminary Order Approving Vacation of Property Without Hearing for a Portion of Whitney Court – Petitioner: Michael Bruce Repchinuck
2. Amended Order Determining Final Assessments for Darley Drive.
3. Douglas Soil and Water Conservation District’s Salmon Habitat Improvement Program (SHIP) Application in the Amount of $20,000 – For North Bank Habitat Management Area and Kanipe Memorial Park Riparian and Instream Restoration.
4. Douglas Soil and Water Conservation District’s Salmon Habitat Improvement Program (SHIP) Application in the amount of $14,950.00 – for South Fork Deer Creek riparian and habitat enhancement.
5. Douglas Soil and Water Conservation District’s Salmon Habitat Improvement Program (SHIP) application in the amount of $10,000.00 – for Oak Creek riparian and instream restoration.
1. Agreement for Deputy Sheriff to Patrol DTO Land. The Following Companies are Contracting for Services: Roseburg Resources, Lone Rock Timber Company, Giustina Resources, Giustina Land and Timber, Senecca Jones Timber Co., Plum Creek Timberlands, L.P., Menasha Forest Products, Silver Butte Timber Company and Moore Mill.
1. Reappointment for Committee for Citizen Involvement (CCI)
2. Appointment of Two Members to the Roseburg-Green PAC
3. Reappointment to Douglas PAC, Reappointment to Elk Creek PAC and Reappointment to the North Umpqua PAC.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be held February 25, 2009 at 9:00 a.m. in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, OR.
Douglas County may video record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes. A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information Technology Office. The cost of a DVD is $5.00 per meeting. As part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt to provide public accessibility to services, programs and activities. If accommodation is needed to participate at this meeting, please contact the Board of Commissioner’s office at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting time.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting