THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
02/13/2008 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on February 6, 2008.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. First reading of Ordinance No. 2008-01-02, authorizing a grant to Saving Grace, Inc. If approved, the second reading can be set for February 27, 2008.
2. First reading of Ordinance No. 2008-02-01, to consider amendments to the Douglas County Ambulance Service Ordinance. If approved, the second reading can be set for February 27, 2008.
3. First reading of Ordinance No. 2008-02-02, to consider amendments to the Douglas County Ambulance Service Plan. If approved, the second reading can be set for February 27, 2008
1. Order refunding taxes to Georgery Fields in the amount of $630.03.
1. Resolution to relinquish title of property not needed for public use to the City of Winston. This involved four small parcels that were acquired through property tax foreclosure and will be used by the City of Winston for road right of way. The resolution also sets a hearing date of March 12, 2008 to hear any objections from the public.
1. Remand order in the matter of the 180 Jones, LLC request for a plan amendment and zone change. The request was approved by the Planning Commission on December 13, 2007. A timely appeal was then filed by Doug Dupriest & Zack Mittge, Attorneys for Vern & Cindy Simmons, James Koenig and Jack Underwood. On January 14, 2008 the applicant requested that the Board remand the matter back to the Planning Commission to allow the applicant to supplement the record regarding some of the issues raised in the appeal. This is Planning File No. 07-231.
1. Order authorizing purchase of treated bridge timbers from Coos Head Forest Products located in Coos Bay, Oregon. Cost is $41,488.46.
2. Term sheet with Ameresco for the purpose of negotiating an agreement for the sale of landfill gas at the Douglas County Landfill.
1. Contract with Oce/Imagistics for a 39 month copier rental for the Sheriff Detectives Unit. The rates are based on piggyback of a contract with the Salem-Keizer School District.
2. Modification of contract with Bailey Veterinary Clinic for proceeds of sales of dog licenses.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held
February 20, 2008, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse,
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting