THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
2/7/2007 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meetings for January 31, 2007
On behalf of the Douglas County Homeless Youth Coalition, the Commission of Children and Families contracted with Oregon State University’s Rural Studies Program to look at homeless youth services in Douglas County. In December 2006, Oregon State University provided their findings to the Coalition. OSU’s report is entitled “homeless Youth Services in Douglas County: Two Perspectives.” Gillian Wesenberg of the Commission on Children and Families and Harry Mullins of Organizational Excellence will be providing the highlights of this report and the efforts of the Coalition to the Board.
1. Order refunding taxes to Frank L. and Gloria M. Newell, Trustees for the Newell Family Trust in the amount of $855.70.
2. Order refunding taxes to Lower Umpqua Hospital in the amount of $680.84.
3. Order refunding taxes to Harvard Medical Services, LLC in the amount of $19,536.15.
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Agreement with City of Roseburg for placement of bus shelter at 1200 SE Stephens Street, Roseburg, OR.
1. Public Hearing: This is the Second Reading of an Ordinance adopting an on-site Subsurface Sewer Enforce Ordinance No. 2007-01-01. The adoption of the enforcement procedure to be effective May 8, 2007.
2. Order Accepting Internal Lot Line Vacation as provided in ORS 368.351. Property owners are Patrick and Colette Roelle. Acceptance of this lot line vacation will facilitate in improved lot configuration for future development.
3. Order: David and Kitty Allen, Order to decline review in the matter of an appeal of the Planning Commission Decision approving a Conditional Use Permit for a Home Occupation to allow small-scale automotive repair of a 2.00 acre parcel in Melrose. Planning Department File No. 06-169.
1. Cooperative Improvement Agreement with the Oregon Department of Transportation for the realignment of Pleasant Valley Road. Estimated cost of $8,000.
2. Order authorizing purchase of herbicides from UAP Timberland LLC under Oregon State Price Agreement No. 5253. Purchase is exempt from competitive procurement per LCRB 4.24. $124,828.40.
1. Third Extension of Contract No. 19668 with Brim Aviation for aviation services pertaining to marijuana over-flights for DINT. Funds for over-flights are obtained through grants: $695/hr (flight time only).
2. Homeland Security Grants for the transfer of radio equipment from Douglas County to the fire departments in Tiller and Elkton.
1. Order reappointing Paul Deem as a member to the Douglas County Solid Waste Advisory Committee. Term to expire January 1, 2011.
2. Order appointing Sam Gardner and William Michel as members to the Douglas County Solid Waste Advisory Committee. Terms to expire January 1, 2011.
3. Order reappointing Ken Bare as a member to the Douglas County Weed Advisory Board. Term to expire December 31, 2009.
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled meeting will be held on February 14, 2007, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting