THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
02/06/2008 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meetings held on January 30, 2008.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Order for the final hearing for the election for the formation of a 4-H, Master Gardener and Extension Service District for Douglas County by Board initiation. There are no known objectors to the proposed district.
1. Orders refunding taxes to the following:
Brian L and Jennifer L. Boswell in the amount of $416.35.
Healthy Touch Massage Center in the amount of $323.06.
COMMUNICATIONS – 911
1. Oakland Rural Fire District grants to Douglas County a non-exclusive revocable license to place and maintain a “repeater” on the roof of the Oakland Rural Fire District fire station. Douglas County shall be responsible for installing and maintaining the repeater.
1. Modification of Contract No. 24201 with BMGP Engineers, Inc. for a change in indemnity. This modification clarifies that the contractor is not responsible for failures that may result from hidden conditions in the existing roof.
1. Intergovernmental Agreement No. 121521 with the Department of Human Services for tort liability coverage as a provider for Psychiatric Security Review Board.
2. Agreement for placement of bus shelter on Ten Down Bowling and Entertainment property at 2400 NW Diamond Lake Blvd., Roseburg, OR.
1. Discussion and possible action on AMERESCO term sheet related to the negotiation for the sale of landfill gases.
2. Order accepting County Road No. 113-A Sylvan Vista Court.
3. Solid waste collection and recycling franchise agreement between Douglas County and Glide Disposal, Inc.
4. Order accepting easement from Craig I. Bates and Tina Lynn Bates for connection to the Glide-Idleyld Park sewer system.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held
February 13, 2008, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse,
Douglas County may video record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes. A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information Technology Office. The cost of a DVD is $5.00 per meeting. As part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt to provide public accessibility to services, programs and activities. If accommodation is needed to participate at this meeting, please contact the Board of Commissioner’s office at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting time.
OFF AGENDA ITEMS
February 6, 2008
10:00 a.m. Board of Commissioner Meeting
1. Proposed changes to Douglas County Personnel Rules which involve areas within the Application of Rules, Definitions, Probationary Period, Leave of Absence, Separation in good Standing, Grievance, Disciplinary Actions and Personnel Review Boar
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting