THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
02/04/2009 9:00:00 AM
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on January 28, 2009.
PROCLAMATION - Declaring February 5, 2009 as Roseburg High School Wrestling Seniors Day.
SPECIAL PRESENTATION – by Harold Phillips, Fairgrounds Manager recognizing an award given by the Oregon Fair Association for Outstanding Youth Support.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Fleet Services – Bid Opening #967 for (4) new full sized, four-wheel drive police sedans.
1. Amendment to Intergovernmental Agreement No. 09-DA-15 – The original agreement permits the District Attorney and the County to obtain financial assistance to improve the quality and quantity of District Attorney involvement in juvenile court proceedings. The proposed Amendment does not change the total amount that may be paid under the Agreement, but it does remove the dollar limitation on how much money may be claimed in the last three quarters of 2007-2009 state biennium.
1. Contract with Knife River Materials for Excavation – Contract for removal of excess dirt and adjustment of catch basins at Fairgrounds in the amount of $32,828.42.
2. Contract with Knife River Materials for Paving – Contract for preparation and paving of interior of racetrack in the amount of $41,271.58.
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Contract with Umpqua Community Health Center – Funding school based Health Center at Roseburg High School. Contract not to exceed $59,861.00.
1. Right of Way Agreement – Between Douglas County and Menasha Forest Products Corporation, managed by the Campbell Group LLC, which allows Menasha access through County owned land to Menasha owned land located in the Noel Ridge Road area near Reedsport.
1. Order Accepting Vacation of Internal Lot Lines (property owners: Glide School District No. 12) as provided in ORS 368.351 – Petitioner requests vacation of the internal lot lines to facilitate future development in order to provide for improved lot design. The property is currently vacant and the petitioner plans to develop the property with additional school facilities. The Petitioner requests the Board of Commissioners to vacate the existing interior lot lines without a hearing pursuant to ORS 368.351
1. Order Accepting Completion of Contract with LTM, Inc. in the amount of $57,159, for drainage improvements on Old Pacific Highway County Road #386, Mile Post 208. The contract has been completed and all requirements have been met.
2. Intergovernmental Agreement – With the State of Oregon in the amount not to exceed $75,000 per fiscal year for Douglas County Community Work Crew.
1. Wave Resource Assessment – As part of the Douglas County Wave & Tidal Energy Project it is necessary to compile and review existing data on the wave resource. This information is necessary for feasibility analysis and technical design. A request for proposals has been issued and four companies responded.
2. Board Order – Appointment of members to the Regional Investment Board.
3. Letter to Governor Kulongoski Supporting Susan Morgan as the Representative for South Coastal County Governments on the Ocean Policy Advisory Committee.
4. Board Order – Appointment of a member to the CCD Board of Directors representing City Government.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be held February 11, 2009 at 9:00 a.m. in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, OR.
Douglas County may video record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes. A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information Technology Office. The cost of a DVD is $5.00 per meeting. As part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt to provide public accessibility to services, programs and activities. If accommodation is needed to participate at this meeting, please contact the Board of Commissioner’s office at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting time.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting