THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
1/31/2007 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meetings for January 24, 2007
Bid Opening for replacement of Riddle Bridge at Cow Creek, Canyonville-Riddle Road No. 21, Douglas County, OR.
The Douglas County Board of Commissioners proclaim February 4-10, 2007, as Burn Awareness Week in Douglas County and encourage all citizens to support the Shriners’ Hospitals for children, taking appropriate precautions to protect their families from devastating burn injuries.
1. Order refunding taxes to Glenhaven Associates LTD, c/o Christopher K. Robinson, P.C. in the amount of $11,031.34.
2. Order refunding taxes to Northwest Natural Gas Co. in the amount of $1,368.58.
3. Order refunding taxes to Michael and Terry Savas in the amount of $410.20.
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Order to pre-book 4,750 doses of flu vaccine through Sanofi Pasteur
2. Order reappointing the following members to the Douglas County Senior Services Advisory Council: Jeanne Davis, Health / Medical Care; and Beverly Wolf, Social / Psychological Services. Terms to Expire 6/30/09.
3. Subcontract with Tracy Depew to provide services required with State Grant Agreement No. 119617. This is a sub-grant to facilitate the National Bio-terrorism Hospital Preparedness Program.
1. Road right-of-way permit with Bureau of Land Management. County will have perpetual rights to use a BLM road in Camas Valley for a future County timber sale.
1. Permit of Entry for Western Energy Systems.
2. Order accepting completion of contract with C2S Group, LLC for $420,846.65 for North Fork Smith River Road Culvert replacement at Milepost 2.0 and 7.45 County Road No. 48A. This contract has been completed and all requirements have been met.
3. Order accepting completion of contract with LTM, Inc. for $293,502 for asphalt overlay of various streets in the Green area. The contract has been completed and all requirements have been met.
4. Contract with Donald E. Bowes, P.E. in the amount of $48,500 for FERC Potential Failure Modes Analysis and report, and FERC Part 12D Independent Consultant Inspection and report for Galesville Dam.
5. Order denying Vacation of dedicated streets in Tract 1, Plat 2, Roseburg Orchards Co. for failure to fulfill conditions. Petitioners: Norway Development Company / Yellow Pine, LLC.
6. Real Estate Option and Order Accepting Warranty Deed from Roseburg Forest Products Company for the acquisition of right-of-way to be used for the widening and realignment of Canyonville-Riddle County Road No. 21 and the replacement of the Riddle Bridge. Consideration is $1,000.
7. Real Estate Option and Order Accepting Warranty Deed from Leroy C. Broggi and Colleen Broggi for the acquisition of right-of-way to be used for the widening and realignment of Canyonville-Riddle County Road No. 21 and the replacement of the Riddle Bridge. Consideration is $500.
8. Amendment No. 2 for the Cooperative Improvement Agreement with Oregon Department of Transportation for I-5 over-crossing: South Umpqua River and OR 99 (Shady) Bike and Pedestrian Bridge.
9. Supplemental Order approving formation petition for the Glide-Idleyld Sanitary District.
1. Homeland Security Grant for the transfer of radio equipment from Douglas County to the following fire departments: Riddle, Tenmile, Oakland, Glendale, and Milo.
1. Order reappointing John McAmis and Jane Martiz as members to the Regional Workforce Investment Board. Terms to expire December 31, 2008.
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled meeting will be held on February 7, 2007, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting