THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
1/24/2007 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meetings for January 17, 2007
1. Joint use agreement with Roseburg Forest Products to use the radio site at Roman Nose. This agreement will generate income for the County in the amount of $235 per month.
2. Contract with NICE Systems, Inc. for maintenance of Dictaphone 911 Recording System. This is a four year agreement with a base amount of $2,901, with no more than 5% annual increases.
3. Contract No. 22329 with Day Wireless Systems for microwave radio repairs as needed. Increase contract maximum: $125,000.
1. Contract No. 23421 with Durham School Services to provide transportation services (buses and drivers) to and from the 2007 Douglas County Fair and bus stops on August 7-11, 2007. Cost for services $29,881.00.
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Order reappointing the following members to the Emergency Medical Services Advisory Committee: Dean Ewell, Community Member 1; Dell Gray, Financial Representative; and Dwes Hutson, Law Enforcement Position.
1. Real Estate Option and Order to Accept Deed from Wallace M. Garland and Geraldine F. Garland for the acquisition of right-of-way to be used for the widening and realignment of Manning Road #168. Consideration is $3,400 plus closing costs.
1. Notice setting hearing on granting an easement over property accepted as a County park. Central Lincoln Peopleís Utility District is requesting an electrical easement 288 feet long across park property from Ziolkoski Beach to Discovery Point Condominiums in Winchester Bay.
1. HEARING: First Reading of an Ordinance adopting an On-site Subsurface Sewer Enforcement Ordinance No. 2007-01-01. The second and final reading by title only is scheduled for February 7, 2007, with the adoption of the enforcement procedure to be effective May 8, 2007.
2. HEARING: Hearing approving boundary and setting final hearing for formation of the Glide-Idleyld Sanitary District by Chief Petitioners: Berger, Kidd and Ruhn. ORS 198.755(1)(a) appears to be satisfied with 15% of the electors within these boundaries having signed the petition for formation. There are no known objectors to the proposed district. Hearing date can be set for February 28, 2007.
3. HEARING: Hearing for annexation of property and order incorporating territory to the Lookingglass Rural Fire District. Chief Petitioner: Slagle. Petition has qualified under ORS 198.857. There are no known objectors at this time. This will be the final hearing. No other hearings are necessary.
4. HEARING: Hearing for annexation of property and order incorporating territory to the Douglas County Fire District #2. Chief Petitioner: Scheive. Petition has qualified under ORS 198.857. There are no known objectors at this time. This will be the final hearing. No other hearings are necessary.
5. HEARING: Hearing for annexation of property and order incorporating territory to the Douglas County Fire District #2. Chief Petitioner: Holzer. Petition has qualified under ORS 198.857. There are no known objectors at this time. No other hearings are necessary.
1. Order accepting Bunting Court #375-M.
2. Contract with OTAK, Inc. for Diamond Creek Bridge Replacement Construction Engineering Services, Douglas County, OR.
3. Third Amendment of Contract with Kleinfelder, Inc. for consulting services for the Milltown Hill Project.
4. Order accepting warranty deed from Kurt Hamilton for the acquisition of real property for the construction and realignment of Follett Street.
5. Real estate option and order accepting warranty deed from Bruce Curren and Gayle Curren for the acquisition of right-of-way to be used for the widening and realignment of Canyonville-Riddle County Road No. 21 and the replacement of the Riddle Bridge. Consideration is $1,972.
6. Real estate option and order accepting warranty deed from Ricky D. Gibbons and Karen L. Gibbons for the acquisition of right-of-way to be used for the widening and realignment of Pruner County Road. Consideration is $995.
7. Real estate option and order accepting warranty deed from George D. Dawson and Sheryl R. Dawson for the acquisition of right-of-way to be used for the widening and realignment of Pruner County Road No. 20 and replacement of the Pruner Road Bridge. Consideration is $6,360.
8. Real estate option and order accepting permanent easement from George D. Slay and Laura L. Slay for the acquisition of right-of-way to be used for the widening and realignment of Canyonville-Riddle County Road No. 20 and the replacement of the Pruner Road Bridge. Consideration is $15,805.
9. Right of entry with the Cow Creek Band of Umpqua Tribe of Indians for the construction and maintenance fo the South Umpqua River (Pruner Road) Bridge.
10. Purchase of steel superstructure from Fought & Company, Inc. for Riddle Bridge at Cow Creek. Bid was for $1,393,175.
1. Order appointing Martin Burnett, DVM as a member to the Dog Control Board of Douglas County.
1. HEARING: First reading of Ordinance No. 2007-01-02 authorizing a grant to Sunrise Enterprises of Roseburg, OR for a baler. The second reading is scheduled for February 21, 2007. Cost of baler: $300,000.
2. HEARING: First reading of Ordinance No. 2007-01-03 to increase the size of the Douglas County Industrial Development Board to nine (9) voting members, increase the number of members necessary for a quorum to five (5), and increase the number of votes needed to approve refinancing of an existing loan to six (6). The second reading is scheduled for February 14, 2007.
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled meeting will be held on January 31, 2007, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting