THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
01/14/2009 9:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on January 7, 2009.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. Order Refunding Taxes to the following:
Ray and Estelle Richards (Richards Rev Living Trust) in the amount of $2,005.77
John and Laura Coleman in the amount of $713.50
Harvard Medical Park in the amount of $2,129.77
Concord Enterprises, Inc. in the amount of $2,118.12
Lyle and Sharon Lee in the amount of $387.19
Thomas and Jessie Lloyd (Revocable Living Trust) in the amount of $664.11
Keith Phifer in the amount of $406.36
Ronald and Marjorie Gerrard in the amount of $878.90
Bill and Carole Canfield in the amount of $625.39
Samuel Moore in the amount of $475.40
1. Ordinance Repealing Chapter 8.15 of County Code: First Reading Ordinance No. 2009-1-1 Repealing Chapter 8.15 – Jefferson Behavioral Health of the Douglas County Code. Second Reading will be held on January 28, 2009.
1. Order Awarding Contract to I-5 Auctions for RFP #966 – Auctioneer Services. RFP #966 was opened on December 23, 2008 by Fleet Services Department. The most responsive proposal was received from I-5.
2. Approval of Contract with I-5 Auctions – RFP #966 for Auctioneer Services was opened at the Fleet Services office on December 23, 2008 and was the only RFP received and meets all criteria.
PARKS AND FACILITIES
1. Contract Modification and Extension – Contract #25128 with DJ’s Plumbing for replacing heating lines under the courthouse. This modifies the contract by extending the completion date to June 30, 2009.
2. Contract Extension with Derek Wiese Construction – First Extension of Contract #24463 with Derek Wise Construction for general construction/cabinetry & woodworking. This extends the contract to January 15, 2010.
1. Delegation of Authority Report – Under the Delegation of Authority Order dated June 25, 1997; a periodic report on Delegated Responsibilities is required. The scheduling of this agenda item will provide for an opportunity to report on actions taken in administration of the County’s program on behalf of the Board of Commissioners during the Fourth Quarter of 2008. During this reporting period, there were four (4) final Zone Change Orders, three (3) Waiver of Objection to Assessments, one (1) Order setting a hearing date, and seventeen (17) corrections to the Zoning Atlas.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be held January 21, 2009 at 9:00 a.m. in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, OR.
Douglas County may video record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes. A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information Technology Office. The cost of a DVD is $5.00 per meeting. As part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt to provide public accessibility to services, programs and activities. If accommodation is needed to participate at this meeting, please contact the Board of Commissioner’s office at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting time.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting