THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
01/09/2008 10:00:00 AM
Election of Chair of the Board for 2008.
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on January 2, 2008.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. PLANNING: Order for the Final Hearing for the formation of a 4-H, Master Gardener and Extension Service District for Douglas County by board initiation. There are no known objectors to the proposed district. Hearing date can be set for February 6, 2008.
1. Orders refunding taxes to the following:
* Roseburg Trailer Works Inc. in the amount of $1,296.24
* Kathy M. and Randy W. Standridge in the amount of $433.09
* Monarch Woodworking LLC in the amount of $522.15
2. Second Amended Order withdrawing Michael and Jeane Gertson’s property from Douglas County Fire District #2, per their request.
1. Award of Bid #952 for one new half ton four door, four wheel drive special services sports utility to Power Chevrolet in the amount of $31,497.
1. Order accepting completion of contract with Cradar Enterprises, Inc. in the amount of $57,690.10 for culvert replacement on Rolling Hills Road - County Road No. 366. The contract has been completed, and all requirements have been met.
2. Order accepting completion of contract with LTM, Inc. in the amount of $199,631.56 for the overlay of Manning Road – Milepost 0.00 to 0.49 – County Road No.168. The contract has been completed, and all requirements have been met.
3. Order removing weight restriction of trucks crossing Gilbreath Stockway on North Bank Road.
1. Additional funding for the State 2007 Homeland Security Grant.
2. Intergovernmental agreement between Douglas County and the Oregon Department of Corrections for the VINE System (victim notification system). This was previously signed, but some minor contract language was changed throughout the document.
1. Order reappointing Ralph Huffman and Dave Williams as members to the Salmon Habitat Advisory Committee. Terms to expire January 30, 2010.
2. Change orders 3, 4, and 5 to the UCAN Martha Young Project and OECDD disbursement request for Grant No. CO5006.
3. Order reappointing Ed Kahl to the Standley Estates Road District Board of Commissioners, term to expire December 31, 2010.
4. Order appointing David Foley to the Sunshine Acres Special Road District Board of Commissioners, term to expire December 31, 2010.
5. Order reappointing the following to the Calapooya Planning Advisory Committee: Judith Bacon, Roger Johnson, and George Seonbuchner. All terms will expire January 9, 2011.
6. Order reappointing Ginger Floto to the Cow Creek Planning Advisory Committee; term to expire January 9, 2011.
7. Order reappointing Yvonne Turner to the South Umpqua Planning Advisory Committee; term to expire January 9, 2011.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held on January 16, 2008, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting