THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
01/07/2009 9:00:00 AM
STATE OF THE COUNTY ADDRESS BY COMMISSIONER JOSEPH LAURANCE.
ELECTION FOR CHAIR OF THE BOARD FOR 2009.
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on December 31, 2008.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Amendment #1 to Grant Agreement #24275, with the Oregon Department of Transportation. This agreement currently contains project funds of $475,000 for the purchase of five replacement vehicles (of which 3 have already been purchased) and $42,000 for preventative maintenance on the vehicles. This amendment removes $221,118 for vehicle purchases from this grant which are replaced in grant # 25057 below.
2. Grant Agreement #25057 with the Oregon Department of Transportation replacing project funds of $221,118 for the two remaining replacement vehicles removed from Grant #24275 above.
3. Grant Agreement #25287 with the Oregon Department of Transportation contains additional funds of $21,516 with no match requirements and will assist in the purchase of the two remaining vehicles.
1. Order Appointing County Employees to the Douglas County Central Safety Committee. Proposed employee members are: Carolyn Kurtz, Bob Adams, Mark Briggs, Jason Mayberry, Becky McKeag, Mike Root, David Marshall, Elaine Lavington, Eugene Regan, Randy Houston. Terms expire December 31, 2009.
2. Order Appointing Members to the Douglas County Employee Benefits Committee. Proposed employee members are: Don Beecroft, Dana Epperly, Betty Brown, Janet StOnge, Marla Wieferich, Betty Hayter, Christy Hamrick, Hedi Johnson, Carol Engels, Don Cherry. Terms expire December 31, 2010.
3. Order Appointing Members to the Park Advisory Board. Six applications were received. The Park Advisory Board is recommending appointing James Peterson to the vacant position formerly held by Dale Christiansen, who moved out of the area.
4. Order Appointing Members to the Douglas County Fair Board. Three applications were received. The Fair Board has recommended appointing Sandy Bratton to the vacant position formerly held by Bob Vangstad and to reappoint David Briggs.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be held January 14, 2009 at 9:00 a.m. in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, OR.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting