THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
01/02/2008 10:00:00 AM
MINUTES of the Board Meeting held on December 26, 2007
1. FLEET: Bid #952 – Procurement of one new ½ ton, four door, four wheel drive Special Service Sports Utility for Sheriff’s patrol.
2. BUILDING FACILITIES: Bid #953 – General construction/cabinetry and miscellaneous woodworking services.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. PLANNING: Hearing for annexation of property and order incorporating territory to the Winston – Dillard Water District. Chief Petitioner: Rincon. There are no known objectors at this time. This will be the final hearing for annexation of this property. No other hearings are necessary.
2. PLANNING: Hearing for annexation of property and order incorporating territory to the Douglas County Fire District #2. Chief Petitioner: Hamilton. There are no known objectors at this time. This will be the final hearing for annexation of this property. No other hearings are necessary.
1. Intergovernmental Office Space Lease Amendment with the State of Oregon’s Department of Corrections for office space in the Reedsport Annex. Extends the lease through June 30, 2009.
2. Intergovernmental Office Space Lease Amendment with the State of Oregon’s Department of Corrections for office space in the Justice Building. Extends the lease through June 30, 2009.
1. The Park Advisory Board recommends that the name of Canyonville County Park be changed to Pickett Park. Mr. E.E. Pickett donated the land to the County for park purposes in 1952; therefore this request fits the criteria for a park name change as identified in the Park Policy Manual.
2. Request for authorization to submit a 30 year easement application to the Oregon Division of State Lands in order to place a vault toilet at the entrance to the crab dock in Winchester Bay. Application fee is $750.
1. Order accepting county roads Palmdale Avenue No. 378-E and Stone Ridge Court No. 378-H in Rosewood Estates Subdivision, Phase 7.
2. Amendment of Contract No. 21401 with Craven Consulting group for consulting services on Milltown Hill Project.
1. Order appointing Candace Hissong as a Justice of the Peace Pro Tempore for South Douglas (Canyonville) Justice of the Peace for the time period of January 2, 2008 through December 31, 2008.
2. Order appointing Carol Roberts as a Justice of the Peace Pro Tempore as the Glendale District Justice of the Peace for the time period of January 1, 2008 through December 31, 2008.
3. Order reappointing Mickey Beach and Roger Sawyer as members to the Douglas County Solid Waste Advisory Committee. Terms to expire January 1, 2012.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
NEXT MEETING: The next scheduled Board meeting will be held on January 9, 2008, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may video
record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video recording is available upon written request made to the Information
Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470.
Please include dates of requested dvd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting