Veterans Service Office Advisory Committee
The Veterans Advisory Committee (VAC) is composed of individuals representing Douglas County Veterans and their Dependents. There are 9 seats on the Board. The primary function of the Veterans Service Office Advisory Board is to advise and assist the Veterans Service Office and County Commissioners in carrying out the purposes of the Veterans Service Office and its programs.
Meetings are open to the public and are held bi-monthly on the second Tuesday at 3:00 PM. Please call the Veterans Service Office for information, next meeting date, time, place.
Advisory Board Appointment Process:
Vacancies are advertised in the media.
- Applications are available by clicking on the link in "Forms" below or from the Board of Commissioners office or by contacting the Veterans Services office at 541-440-4219.
- All applications must be turned into the Board of Commissioners office.
- The VAC Advisory Board will review all applications and make recommendations to the Board of Commissioners.
- The Board of Commissioners reviews applications based on VAC recommendations and appoints new committee members.
- All applicants will be notified of the status of their application.