The content of the website is
organized into maps for different types of research.
Map - Locating the area of interest, assessment info,
- Find Vertical and Horizontal control points
Gov Corners - Search for
For Metadata and brief
descriptions of layers provided Click
Basic ideas to remember:
- All actions on the website are performed by a click, click
procedure. There is no
click and drag.
- All toolbars available at the top of the screen have a description of use in the help.
The first time you enter this website you may want to browse
the help to get a feel for how the website works and what each
- When selecting a feature on the map, there is a top down process that gives detail information.
This can be changed by using the legend properties tool. This may
require a refresh.
- You should start with the binoculars to search using predefined queries that are designed for
the type of data included in each map. Enter your information following the example and hit find.
- When a query results in multiple choices, use the push pin to select the desired result. The pushpin at the top will select all. Pushing the pin again will unselect the item.
- When using the address search, be patient. The drop down is organizing every street in Douglas County by alphabetical order.
Ready to get