To proceed further, please acknowledge the following statement:
While using this site, you are responsible for the protection of your own computer against “spyware” programs that could compromise information entered on your own computer and subsequently sent over the internet. “Spyware” programs may be unknowingly downloaded on your computer when visiting other sites on the Internet, but not from the Douglas County website.
The Douglas County Assessor makes every effort to ensure the most current and accurate personal property information possible, but no warranties, expressed or implied, are provided for the data herein, for its accuracy, its use, or its interpretation.
Douglas County and the Assessor offer a convenient and secure online filing option. Douglas County assumes no responsibility for incorrect information entered by taxpayers.
- Taxpayers are responsible for ensuring that the personal property form is filed in a timely manner and that all required and/or requested information has been included.
- If you need to include attachments, follow this link >>> for more information. Also you must adhere to the following conditions:
- Attachments must be filed at the same time the online filing is made. Attachments not properly identified when submitted will not be considered part of your filing and may render your filing incomplete.
- You must use the prescribed formats. We will not reformat or convert your software to our software.
- If you choose not to file your attachments in the manner described you must file the paper form.
- You must include additions and deletions on the online form. We will not search your attachments for this information. Failure to report additions and deletions in this manner will result in your filing being rejected as incomplete.
- Do not use the ‘edit’ function to report an addition or replacement. For example, if you replaced a copier, ‘delete’ the existing copier asset and ‘add’ the new copier under New Personal Property. Do not ‘edit’ the existing copier asset to reflect the change.
- Taxpayers are responsible for printing and retaining copies of filings and the confirmation for each submission. This includes printing copies of the "Online Preview" and the "Digital Signature" pages. Your proof of filing is the digital signature page after you have submitted your filing.
- Once you have completed your return on the Digital Signature page, you will not be able to log back in to print your return. Please print before closing the window.
- The local time and date of the submission will be the effective filing date for properly completed filings.
- Taxpayers will receive notification of incorrect filings with an explanation of the deficiencies or other required information unless there is a history of non-compliance.
Failure of a taxpayer to understand any information provided herein will not constitute grounds for a waiver of any penalties or interest due to filing a declaration after the designated deadline. Any form returned as incomplete, regardless of the date received by the Assessor, does not qualify for an extension of the filing deadline.
Pursuant to ORS 305.990(4), any person who furnishes false information is punishable, upon conviction, by a fine of not more than $1,000 or by imprisonment for not more than one year in the county jail, or both.
ORS 308.296 The penalty is 5 percent of the tax owed if the return is filed after March 15, but on or before June 1. The penalty increases to 25 percent of the tax owed if the return is filed after June 1, but on or before August 1. After August 1, the penalty is 50 percent of the tax owed.