SPECIAL WASTE PERMITS
Special Waste Permits are required for the disposal of the following materials:
- Boiler Residue
- Petroleum Contaminated Soil (PCS)
- Sand Blast Grit
- Used Oil Rags
- Other Hazardous or Flammable Materials
TO OBTAIN A PERMIT: Please contact the Special Waste Permit Coordinator at 541-440-4485 or visit the Administrative Services Office at Room 220 of the Douglas County Courthouse.
- Residential homeowner generated asbestos disposal of one (1) cubic yard or less.: $72.00 (permit and disposal).
- All other asbestos and permitted waste disposal : $72.00 permit fee each site plus $60.00 per ton (one ton minimum charge) for waste generated within Douglas County and $120 per ton (one ton minimum charge) for waste generated outside Douglas County.
A credit account application for frequent customers can be downloaded from the links below.
TESTING AND DISPOSAL: Testing and disposal instructions can be obtained from the links below. Haulers of asbestos waste are required to submit a DEQ ASN 4 Form (Asbestos Waste Shipment Report) which can be download from the links below.
- Special Waste Permit Testing and Disposal Instructions (pdf)
- Analytical Testing Requirements for Sludge (pdf)
- Grit and Rag Acceptance Guidelines (pdf)
- DEQ ASN 4 Asbestos Waste Shipment Report Form (pdf)
- Credit Account Application (pdf)