Special Waste Permits are required for the disposal of the following materials:

  • Asbestos
  • Boiler Residue
  • Petroleum Contaminated Soil (PCS)
  • Sand Blast Grit
  • Used Oil Rags
  • Other Hazardous or Flammable Materials

TO OBTAIN A PERMIT: Please contact the Special Waste Permit Coordinator at 541-440-4485 or visit the Administrative Services Office at Room 220 of the Douglas County Courthouse.


  • Residential homeowner generated asbestos disposal of one (1) cubic yard or less.: $72.00 (permit and disposal).
  • All other asbestos and permitted waste disposal : $72.00 permit fee each site plus $60.00 per ton (one ton minimum charge) for waste generated within Douglas County and $120 per ton (one ton minimum charge) for waste generated outside Douglas County.

A credit account application for frequent customers can be downloaded from the links below.

TESTING AND DISPOSAL: Testing and disposal instructions can be obtained from the links below. Haulers of asbestos waste are required to submit a DEQ ASN 4 Form (Asbestos Waste Shipment Report) which can be download from the links below.