Wildfire affects all Douglas County residents! Your voice is needed.
Douglas County is updating its Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP).
We need your input on wildfire risks and hazards that affect your home and community. Provide your opinion on strategies to reduce risks. Share your concerns and local knowledge by taking the online survey or by printing, completing and returning the survey linked below to the Planning Department.
A CWPP is a plan developed collaboratively that identifies wildland fire hazards, prioritizes measures to reduce those hazards and recommends ways for homeowners and communities to reduce ignitability of structures in areas of the County identified as wildland urban interface (WUI).
As part of the CWPP update, Douglas County Planning will collaborate with homeowners, fire departments, state and local officials, and others agencies to address the specific needs of our community, inform decision-makers, and guide interventions that protect life, property and infrastructure from wildfire.
- Project initiated – October 2019
- Open House – South County – Wednesday, January 8, 6:00 pm at the Tri City Rural Fire Department
- Open House – North Umpqua – Wednesday, January 15, 6:00 pm at the Glide Rural Fire District
- Open House – Coastal – Thursday, January 16, 6:00 pm at the MAC Center at Salmon Harbor, https://www.winchesterbayresort.com/marina-activity-center/
- Open House – Roseburg West – Thursday, January 23, 6:00 pm at the Winston City Hall, 201 NW Douglas Blvd., Winston, OR
- Open House – North County – Tuesday, January 28, 6:00 pm at the Yoncalla Community Center
- Adoption – June 2020*
- * Project dates are subject to revision as the project progresses
For more information about the project, please contact:
Douglas County Planning Department
- Katharine Jackson – – 541-440-4289
- Joshua Shaklee – – 541-440-4289