Many county park facilities are available for rent by permit. If the park does not have a pavilion or indoor facility to rent,
you may still be able to hold an event at a park with a Special Event Permit. Call the office for availability and fee information.
A permit does not give you exclusive use of a park, only the right to hold that event.
Events that are considered special events and will require a Special Event Permit:
Special Event fees will be cumulative for each additional day of the event, at the rate of 50% of the initial fee.
- Exceed pavilion or park capacity.
- Take place in a non-designated day use or camping area.
- Are advertised and open to the public.
- Charge an entry fee.
- Allow vendor sales at the event.
- Involve the service or sale of alcohol.
- Constitute a substantial risk to Douglas County, it’s Parks and/or the public.
$10.00 non-refundable administrative fee will be added to the Special Event fee.
Additional electrical and water fees may apply for the event.
Contact the Douglas County Parks Department at 541-957-7001 for additional information.
Special Event Permit
Please return special event permit application to 541-957-2062 (fax) or email to
If an event will introduce extra or unusual hazards to water safety, a Regatta Permit is required to accompany the Special Event Permit.
See the Oregon State Marine Board guidelines at: http://licenseinfo.oregon.gov/index.cfm?fuseaction=license_seng&link_item_id=14471
Regatta Permit - Oregon State Marine Board (fillable)
Metal Detecting Permit
To use a metal detector within the boundary of a Douglas County Park, a metal detecting permit is required. The permit will identify the parks and areas within
the park that metal detecting is allowed. The application can be found below.
Permit Application - Use of Metal Detectors
Disabled Veterans Passes & Camping Privileges
Douglas County Parks those who served in the service. We provide the following privileges:
- Douglas County Parks those who served in the service. We provide the following privileges:
- Annual Parking Pass – We will provide a ten percent discount on an annual parking pass. This benefit must be made in person at the
Douglas County Parks Office so that we can review your veterans documentation.
- Disabled Veterans Parking Pass – Douglas County Parks honors the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department’s Special Access Pass for Disabled
Veterans. The pass must be displayed in your vehicle at all times. The application for this pass can be found below and sent to Oregon Parks
and Recreation Department for redemption.
Oregon Parks and Recreation's application form for a Special Access Pass
Special Access Pass sample document
- Disabled Veteran & Active Duty Service Camping Benefit – Douglas County Parks provides 10 free camping nights per year for Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Service Members. Five nights can be used per any 30 day period. Group sites, yurts and cabins are not eligible. Additional fees for extra vehicles, etc. may be applicable.
The document below explains the benefit in more detail.
Free camping for disabled veterans at Douglas County Parks - Information
ATV Public Access Permits
ATV operating on public lands are required to have an Oregon ATV Public Access Permit.
You can now purchase State Park Day-Use and ATV permits
online at https://store.oregonstateparks.org