The Douglas County Park Department is responsible for maintaining 60 developed park sites located throughout our vast, beautiful county. The attractiveness of many of the smaller parks located in outlying areas can be enhanced with the assistance of concerned citizens and organizations willing to donate their time and efforts in support of park maintenance and beautification programs.
The program serves to:
- Intensify the maintenance and cleanliness of adopted Parks.
- Promote community support for park beautification and anti-vandalism programs.
- Increase the sense of stewardship toward the locally adopted park.
- Build a positive image for the individual, their organization and Douglas County.
- Educate the public about park maintenance activities and the recreational opportunities offered through their County Parks.
- In times of economic hardship, assist the Park Department in keeping parks open for public use.
If you are interested in getting involved with our Adopt-A-Park Program, please review the following program information or call the Park Office at 541-957-7001. Please fill out the application below and return it to the Park Department Office at 1036 SE Douglas Street, Rm# 116 Roseburg, OR 97470.
Adopt-A-Park Program Information Adopt-A-Park Application