The mission of the Douglas County Juvenile Department is to promote public safety by holding youth accountable for delinquent acts, providing youth with opportunities to restore their victims and our community, and offering reformation services to assist youth in becoming productive and responsible citizens.
- We believe that our community’s interests of public safety and reformation of youth are best served by promoting the development and delivery of a balanced continuum of high quality, evidence-based services to youth and families which includes prevention, intervention, continuing care services, and accountability to victims.
- We are committed to the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct in our roles as public servants.
- We will honor our duty to the public to be financially responsible in management of our time and resources.
- We will model the highest levels of professionalism in our contacts with the public and with each other, treating people with respect, acting with integrity, and dealing with conflict in a sensitive and honest manner.
- We will endeavor to preserve family unity and maintain support systems by providing services to youth within the home and in our community whenever possible.
- We will provide leadership in the community as we work collaboratively with our partners, citizens, and other professionals in developing a comprehensive array of services for youth offenders and victims.
- We recognize the diverse strengths and skills of all our coworkers, and value the contributions each makes as we collectively strive to achieve our important mission.
- We are committed to the development of our skills and education as juvenile justice professionals, and supportive of a culture of learning and creativity.
- We will continually focus on improvement and achieving excellence by monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the services and programming we provide.