|Commissioners Agenda for Wednesday, June 30, 2004
THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
||Dan Van Slyke
||6/30/2004 10:00 AM
MINUTES of the board meeting of June 23, 2004 to be approved.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION - Citizens wishing to address the commissioners concerning this agenda, or items of interest not included on this agenda, may do so at this time. When recognized, anyone addressing the commissioners will go to the microphone and give your name and address for the record.
1. Request for proposals for VHF paging transmitters.
2. Digital Orthophotography of Douglas County.
3. Bid No. 859 for a 10-site, single channel mobile data radio system.
1. Contract with Sims Electric, Inc. in the amount of $119,823, for courthouse electrical work.
2. Award order and contract to Cradar Enterprises, Inc. for demolition of the Community Building at the Fairgrounds. Contract amount is $65,000.
COMMISSION ON CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
1. Douglas County Comprehensive Plan for Children and Families update (Phase III) for the 2003-2005 biennium.
2. Contracts with the South Western Oregon Community Action Committee, Inc., Sutherlin School District, and Riddle School District for after school activities. Contracts are in the amount of $20,000 each for fiscal year 2004-2005.
3. Contract with the State of Oregon Department of Human Services for Douglas County Community Safety Net program, which is administered by Umpqua Community Action Network’s Family Connections program. Contract amount is $21,320.28 for fiscal year 2004-2005.
4. Contract renewal with Umpqua Community Action Network for the Douglas County “Warmline”. Contract amount is $15,000 for fiscal year 2004-2005.
5. Contract renewal with CASA of Douglas County. Contract amount is $22,500 for fiscal year 2004-2005.
6. Contract renewal with the Family Development Center. Contract amount is $200,370 for fiscal year 2004-2005.
1. Extension of intergovernmental agreements for sale of fuel from the county fuel facilities to Douglas Education Service District, Umpqua Regional Council of Governments, North Douglas Fire and EMS, and City of Drain. This will extend the terms to June 30, 2005.
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Leases with the following for space to house the facilities for Senior Centers. Douglas County will prepare and serve food to seniors, and may use the premises to conduct educational, health and other social services. Contract amounts are per day.
Glide Community Club, $39.79
City of Riddle, $57
Special People’s Depot of Glendale, $39.06
City of Winston, $58.07
Yoncalla Parks and Recreation District, $45.19
City of Reedsport, $41.78
Sutherlin Seniors, Inc. $44.30
2. Third amendment to contract with Genoa for mental health; including monitoring of medications for certain mental health clients, blood draws, and billing clients. Contract amount is $250 per month.
3. Modification of contract with Legal Aid Services of Oregon to provide services of paralegals for 656 hours of service. Contract is increased from $33,000 to $40,975.
MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE
1. Order adopting the budget, making appropriations, levying taxes, and categorizing taxes for fiscal year 2004-2005.
1. Lease amendment with U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to allow Douglas County to operate and maintain beach access parking lot No. 1 for park and recreation purposes. This amendment expands the lease to allow a portion of the OHV parking/staging area to be built, administered, and maintained on Corps property abutting the former Umpqua Lighthouse State Park parcel.
1. Orders and notices setting hearing date of August 4, 2004 for annexation of property to Douglas County Rural Fire Protection District for the following chief petitioners:
Colleen and Terry Fluetsch
Raymond and Marlene Grant
Chauncey and Jean Jennings
Jack and Elaine Morgan
2. Order and notice setting hearing date of August 4, 2004 for annexation of property to Lookingglass Rural Fire Protection District. Chief petitioner is Germaine VanAnrooy.
1. Order accepting warranty deed from the Family Development Center/Douglas County Relief Nursery.
2. Bargain and sale deed from Douglas County to Family Development Center/Douglas County Relief Center.
1. Extension of agreement for communications services for North Douglas County Fire & EMS. Agreement amount is $10,596.63.
2. Extension of agreement for communications services for Sutherlin Fire & Ambulance. Agreement amount is $18,150.25.
3. Modification of contracts with State of Oregon Department of Transportation for north and south county work crews. Contracts will increase reimbursement from $250 to $350 for the daily rate, per crew.
1. Order appointing Mark Nickel (Roseburg Police Chief) to the Local Public Safety Coordination Council.
2. Order reappointing Ron Weir and Lois Soulia to the Douglas County Library Board. Terms to expire June 30, 2008.
NEXT MEETING: July 7, 2004, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may audio/video record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes. Note: Department Head Work sessions are not recorded A copy of any audio/video recording is available upon written request made to the Information Technology department. Cost is $5 per cd/dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs. Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470. Please include dates of requested dvd's or cd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting