|Commissioners Agenda for Wednesday, June 25, 2003
THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
||Dan Van Slyke
||6/25/2003 10:00 AM
MINUTES of the board meeting of June 18, 2003, to be approved.
1. Request for proposals for Marquis Display System.
1. Supplemental budget adjustments for fiscal year 2002-2003 for the following:
§ Industrial Development Fund - Dell Computer training fund costs associated with the MOU
§ General Fund – County Clerk - to cover unanticipated costs associated with special elections
§ General Fund – Library - to authorize the expenditure of additional Gates Foundation funding
ADULT PAROLE AND PROBATION
1. Approval of the Community Corrections Plan for the 2003-2005 biennium from Adult Parole and Probation and the Douglas County Jail to the Oregon Department of Corrections.
1. Award of request for proposal #826 for boiler equipment to Harvey and Price in the amount of $40,045.
1. Application for Victims of Crime Act grant in the amount of $25,846 for a victims advocate position. This grant does not affect the county general fund except for “in-kind” match requirement from the Juvenile Department.
1. Extensions of agreements to allow the following entities to obtain fuel from the county fuel facilities:
Douglas Education Service District
City of Drain
North Douglas Fire & EMS
Umpqua Regional Council of Governments
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Contract between Genoa Healthcare, LLC and Douglas County Health and Social Services. Genoa Healthcare will provide medications, blood draws, and monitoring services required by the FDA and as directed by practitioners for Douglas County’s patients; and, manage medications provided by the various manufacturers.
2. Trading partner agreement between the Oregon Department of Human Services and Douglas County Mental Health. Agreement provides the terms and conditions which govern the provisions of services, goods, or supplies to covered individuals and the provision that DHS and Douglas County Mental Health may exchange client data.
1. Agreement with Oregon Department of Education to reimburse Douglas County Juvenile Department for the cost of meals served to youth who are lodged in the Juvenile Detention and Shelter Facility.
2. Amended intergovernmental agreement with Oregon Youth Authority (OYA) providing reimbursement to Douglas County in the amount of $29,492 for expenses related to transporting OYA committed youth and allows “flex fund” spending to keep Douglas County youth offenders from escalating to the need for commitment to the state training schools.
1. Timber sale contract with TreeSource Industries, Inc. for Douglas County’s Sutherlin Creek Timber Sale #259. This sale includes ± 315,000 board feet of timber located near Sutherlin and was sold through a sealed bid process.
2. Timber sale contract with Scott Timber Company for Douglas County’s Joyce Creek Timber Sale #258. This sale includes ± 849,000 board feet of timber in the Reedsport area and was sold at an oral auction on May 29th.
3. Timber sale contract with Scott Timber Company for Douglas County’s North Winchester Creek Timber Sale #257. This sale includes ± 1.8 million board feet of timber in the Reedsport area and was sold at an oral auction on May 29th.
4. Road use and stockpile site permit with Roseburg Resources Co. for work Roseburg Resources is doing on and around county owned property in the Camas Valley area.
5. Letter renewing the memorandum of understanding between the county and the Oregon State Department of Forestry for the Woodlands Assistance Forester position.
MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE
1. Order adopting budget, making appropriations, levying taxes, and categorizing taxes for fiscal year 2003-2004.
1. Contract with Sunrise Enterprises of Roseburg in the amount of $10,440 per month for collection of recycle materials from Douglas County transfer sites.
1. Annual contract for communications services to the following agencies:
City of Roseburg; $187,075.19
Sutherlin Fire and Ambulance; $17,621.57
Sutherlin Police Department; $53,054.56
Winston-Dillard Fire District; $15,176.18
1. Special Transportation Advisory Committee recommendations for Special Transportation Formula Funds allocation for fiscal year 2003-2004:
Umpqua Transit; $165,986
Mercy Medical; $10,000
Seniors Escorting Seniors; $3,000
Douglas County Senior Companion Program; $4,000
Douglas Residential Training Facilities; $2,000
2. Order and notice of public hearing for annexation of property to the Winston-Dillard Water District. Chief petitioner is Thomas Rowlett.
3. Order appointing Rod Brock to the S.E. Booth Avenue Special Road District Board of Directors. Term to expire December 31, 2005.
4. Order reappointing Penny Ryerson and Katie Stapleton to the Regional Investment Board. Terms to expire June 30, 2005.
5. Order appointing Chris Brown, Mike Nores and Jerry Matthews to the Local Public Safety Coordination Council.
NEXT MEETING: July 2, 2003, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
Douglas County may audio/video record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes. A copy of any audio/video recording is available upon written request made to the Information Technology department. Cost is $5 per cd/dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs. Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470. Please include dates of requested dvd's or cd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting