|Commissioners Agenda for Wednesday, November 03, 2004
THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
||Dan Van Slyke
||11/3/2004 10:00 AM
MINUTES of the board meeting of October 20, 2004 to be approved.
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION - Citizens wishing to address the commissioners concerning this agenda, or items of interest not included on this agenda, may do so at this time. When recognized, anyone addressing the commissioners will go to the microphone and give your name and address for the record.
1. Bid # 869 for procurement of two new, 1 ton passenger vans.
2. Bid # 873 for procurement of one new, ¾ ton heavy duty, four wheel drive pickup with short wide box and extended cab.
3. Bid # 876 for two new, mid-size four door sedans.
4. Request for Proposals for Umpqua River Lighthouse and Coast Guard Museum Gift Shop Concessionaire in Winchester Bay.
COMMISSION ON CHILDREN & FAMILIES
1. Contract amendment with the State of Oregon Department of Human Services for Douglas County Community Safety Net program, which is administered by Umpqua Community Action Network’s Family Connections program. Contract amount is $43,094.70.
2. Contract amendment with Mercy Medical Center, which administers the Welcome Baby program. Contract amount is amended to $20,830, for FY 2004-05.
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
1. Three year lease with Umpqua Valley Disabilities to use part of the Fowler House facility. Lease payment shall be one dollar.
1. Software license agreement with Tiburon Inc. to enhance the county’s new criminal justice system (911, Sheriff Records, and Jail), to support the addition of five city police agencies (Myrtle Creek, Reedsport, Roseburg, Sutherlin and Winston) for usage of the system. Cost is $84,743 and will be paid through Homeland Security grant funding.
1. Order to accept a permanent slope and utility easement from Bill C. Gow and Sharon M. Gow for culvert replacement on Clarks Branch Road #105. Consideration is $200.
2. Bargain and sale deeds for the following parcels, which were sold at oral auction on October 12, 2004. The first deed is for a surplus property, and the other four are for parcels that were acquired through property tax foreclosure.
Richard & Diana Ocumpaugh, $20,000, for a lot in Sutherlin
Scholfield Development LLC, $110,000; for approximately 20 acres in Reedsport
Delilah S. Knight & Cheryl Oguri, $250; for approximately .06 acre south of Yoncalla
Fred and Frances Sohn, $4,050; for 0.0l acre strip in Roseburg
Jeri Coon, $1,400; 0.37 acre in Garden Valley
1. Updated Intergovernmental Agreement with Umpqua Community College Library. The agreement describes the current services and eliminates outdated references to specific hardware, software and services. UCC pays a monthly maintenance fee for the cost of providing service, technical support, and appropriate training. The payment is 10% of the automated library system vendor charges to the DCLS.
1. State Archaeology Permit application. The county is doing rehabilitation work at the Baker and Smith Springs Parks using federal funds offered by the U.S. Forest Service through the Scenic Byway Program. Archaeological surveys are required prior to use of federal funds for construction projects. The initial archaeological survey at Smith Springs uncovered some small artifacts; consequently, the county must sign the application to allow “shovel probe” excavation to determine the extent of the archaeological site. There is no cost to the county.
1. Intergovernmental agreement with the City of Sutherlin for water and sewer conduits under Highway 138 near the intersection of Fort McKay Road. The city will pay $42,400 when the project is completed.
2. First extension of contract #18752 with Right of Way Associates for acquisition of real property services. Extends contract to June 30, 2005.
3. Second extension of contract #17022 with Right of Way Associates for right of way acquisition services for the South Calapooia Street County Road No. 388 improvement project. Extends contract to June 30, 2005.
4. Modification of contract with Right of Way Associates for acquisition of real property services for the South Calapooia Street County Road No. 388 improvement project. Compensation for the additional work is $10,069.
5. Amendment No. 1 to the Traffic Signal Maintenance Agreement with the Oregon Department of Transportation. This is a 10 year renewal agreement.
6. Contract with Pinnacle Engineering, Inc., for Emile Creek Bridge replacement engineering design services.
7. Contract with Pinnacle Engineering, Inc., for Scott Henry Bridge replacement engineering design services.
8. Contract with OBEC Consulting Engineers for Myrtle Creek Arch Bridge rehabilitation and widening engineering design services.
9. Contract with W & H Pacific, Inc, for Riddle Bridge at Cow Creek rehabilitation and replacement alternative analysis.
10. Contract with OTAK, Inc., for Days Creek Bridge rehabilitation and widening engineering design services.
11. Contract with OTAK, Inc., for Deadman Creek Bridge replacement engineering design services.
12. Contract with OTAK, Inc., for Diamond Creek Bridge replacement engineering design services.
1. Contract for Saving Grace to provide shelter for animals brought in by Douglas County Animal Control. The county will pay Saving Grace $136,000 for a one year period.
2. Contract agreement with Spectracom Corporation for simulcast common equipment for master oscillators and related items. Total purchase is $179,186.25.
3. Third contract modification with W & H Pacific, Inc., for the emergency communications project. This modification decreases the total contract amount by $38,400.
1. Order appointing Samantha Lea to the Dog Control Board of Douglas County. Term to expire June 30, 2008.
2. Order appointing Penny Ryerson to the Douglas County Industrial Development Board. Term to expire January 31, 2006.
3. Agreement with the South Douglas County Enterprise Zone Sponsor to extend property tax exemption to five consecutive years for capital investment by Green Diamond Sand Products.
NEXT MEETING: November 10, 2004, at 10:00 a.m., in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, Oregon.
***There will be no regular board meeting on November 17, 2004***
Douglas County may audio/video record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes. A copy of any audio/video recording is available upon written request made to the Information Technology department. Cost is $5 per cd/dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs. Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470. Please include dates of requested dvd's or cd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting