|Commissioners Agenda for Wednesday, June 29, 2011
THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
||6/29/2011 9:00 AM
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MINUTES of the Board meeting held on June 22, 2011
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. FLEET SERVICES Extension of Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA)
Extension IGA with the North Douglas Fire and EMS allowing them to obtain fuel for their vehicles from County fuel facilities. Fuel costs reimbursed to Douglas County.
2. FLEET SERVICES Extension of Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA)
Extension IGA with City of Drain allowing them to obtain fuel for City of Drain vehicles from County fuel facilities. Fuel costs reimbursed to Douglas County.
3. FLEET SERVICES Extension of Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA)
Extension IGA with Douglas Education Service District allowing them to obtain fuel for vehicles from County fuel facilities. Fuel costs reimbursed to Douglas County.
4. HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES Contract Award
Contract award to Bateman Senior Meals, a division of Compass Group to provide elderly nutrition services. Cost: $4.257 per meal or 391,644.00 for the year.
5. HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES Contract Award
Contract award to Legal Aid Services of Oregon to provide elderly legal services. Cost: $5,039.00 per year.
6. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA)
In 2005, Information Technology began providing technical support services to the Department of Corrections Parole and Probation Office for computers, criminal justice systems access and telephones. This is a one year extension of the agreement expiring June 30, 2012. Annual Revenue: $8,676.00 per year.
7. LAND Right of Way Easement Agreement
Right of Way Easement Agreement with Rome Creek Timber, LLC over a County road system in the Noel Ridge area near Reedsport.
8. LAND Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
MOU between Douglas County and Oregon Department of Forestry for the Countys Woodlands Assistance Forester. Term ends June 30, 2012.
9. MANAGEMENT & FINANCE Board Order Adjusting Appropriations for 2010-11
Appropriations adjustments for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2011 in the General Fund, Public Safety Fund, County Fair Fund, County Forest Management Fund, Capital Projects Fund, Employee Benefit Trust Fund and Fleet Management Fund.
10. MANAGEMENT & FINANCE Reduction in the Fiscal Year 2011-12 Approved title III Budget
Reduction of resources (beginning fund balance) by $3,420,000.00 in the Title III Fund and decreases expenditures (Materials & Services) in the fund by a corresponding amount. Total Resources and Requirements in the Adopted Title III budget will be $12,224,764.00.
11. MANAGEMENT & FINANCE Order to Adopt Budget, make Appropriations, Levy and Categorize Taxes for Fiscal Year 2011-12
Budget Adoption for Fiscal Year 2011-2012.
12. MANAGEMENT & FINANCE Order Establishing Guidelines to comply with Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) Statement No. 54
The Order commits ending fund balances in certain funds to the special revenue purpose of the funds in a formal manner (which is required by GASB 54). Under GASB 54 the commissioners, through formal Board Order may remove and/or change these commitments.
13. PLANNING Resolution Approving and Adopting the Douglas County Community Wildfire Protection Plan 2011
Resolution adopting The Douglas County Community Wildfire Protection Plan 2011 update.
14. PUBLIC WORKS Right of Way Easement
Right of Way Easement with Pacific Power for electrical transmission lines and accessories on the north side of the access road at the Roseburg Landfill.
15. PUBLIC WORKS Right of Way Easement
Right of Way Easement with Pacific Power for electrical transmission lines and accessories on the south side of the access road at the Roseburg Landfill.
16. PUBLIC WORKS Order Authorizing Purchase
Order authorizing the annual purchase of traffic line paint from Ennis Paint, Inc. Purchase is made utilizing Oregon State Price Agreement #5265-PA. Douglas County is authorized to purchase from the Oregon Cooperative Purchasing Program ORCPP and purchase is exempt from competitive procurement per LCRB rule 4.24. Cost $290,520.00 (18,000 gallons of white paint and 18,000 gallons of yellow paint).
17. PUBLIC WORKS Real Estate Option and Order Accepting a Warranty Deed
Real Estate Option and Order Accepting a Warranty Deed from Rebecca Horney and Riverside Trailer and RV Park, LLC for the Acquisition of Real Property for the widening and realignment of Old Pacific Highway, County Road No. 386. Consideration: $5,010.00.
18. PUBLIC WORKS Agreement with Green Sanitary District
Agreement with Green Sanitary District for reimbursement of costs for construction of a sanitary sewer pump station at the Oak Creek Industrial Park. Reimbursement is $13,912.50 for preliminary engineering costs and not to exceed $25,000.00 for contingency costs.
19. PUBLIC WORKS Contract Award
Contract with LTM, Inc. dba Knife River Materials in the amount of $46,999.00 for the non-profit campus wetland grading and landscaping, Douglas County, Oregon.
20. PUBLIC WORKS Contract Extension
Second contract extension with Waste Recovery West, Inc. in the amount of $890.00 per trailer load or $.08 per pound for the removal of waste tires from the Douglas County Landfill. Contract expires June 30, 2012.
21. SHERIFF Contract with City of Riddle
Contract with the City of Riddle for patrol services. Revenue: $127,539.07.
22. MISCELLANEOUS Order for Appointment of Justice of Peace Pro Tempore
Order appointment Russell Trump and Candace Hissong as Justice of the Peace Pro
Tempore for term of July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012.
23. MISCELLANEOUS Correction Order
Correction Order in the matter of the Decline Review for Temporary Use Permit for music concert.
24. MISCELLANEOUS Reappointment to the Water Resources Advisory Board (WRAB)
A vacancy exists on the WRAB due to the expiring term of Ron Yockim. The position was advertised with Douglas County media and the only application received was from Mr. Yockim. The WRAB recommends reappointment of Ron Yockim to a new term ending July 5, 2015.
25. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
26. COMMISSIONERS COMMENTS
27. ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be held July 6, 2011 at 9:00 a.m. in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, OR.
Douglas County may audio/video record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes. A copy of any audio/video recording is available upon written request made to the Information Technology department. Cost is $5 per cd/dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs. Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470. Please include dates of requested dvd's or cd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting