|Commissioners Agenda for Wednesday, June 02, 2010
THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
||6/2/2010 9:00 AM
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: May 26, 2010
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. BID OPENING RFQ #990
Request for Quote #990 to provide/install floor covering in the Health Annex.
2. PUBLIC HEARING Order Approving Modification of Rates for Solid Waste Collection
Public hearing and Orders approving modification of rates for solid waste collection service provided by Southern Oregon Sanitation, Inc.
3. ASSESSOR Tax Refunds
Orders refunding taxes to: John Rivera ($390.98); Winchester Facilities LLC ($18,848.57); Douglas County Forest Products ($3,722.43); Umpqua Bank ($801.04); Douglas County Inc. ($71,935.82); Alcan Cable ($46,053.92); Kara Teselle ($482.01); Arthur & Valerie Trout ($474.21);Frank & Rita Schuchard ($710.35); Shawn Williams ($545.21); Jane Garzenelli ($989.29); Tina Stephens ($435.13).
4. COUNTY COUNSEL Letter to Swanson Group Regarding Timber Sale #277
Douglas County and Swanson Group entered into a timber sale contract on or about May 19, 2010, for the Clear Lake Timber Sale #277. On or about May 21, 2010, Swanson Group received a letter from an individual claiming that he has an unpaid $28,000.00 lien against the timber. The claimed lien is not valid, but Swanson Group wants the County to agree to defend and indemnify them from any liability arising out of the claimed lien.
5. FLEET SERVICES Extension of Intergovernmental Agreement for Sale of Fuel with City of Drain
Extension of IGA which allows the City of Drain to obtain fuel for their vehicles from County fuel facilities.
6. FLEET SERVICES Extension of Intergovernmental Agreement for Sale of Fuel with North Douglas Fire and EMS
Extension of IGA which allows the North Douglas Fire and EMS to obtain fuel for their vehicles from County fuel facilities.
7. FLEET SERVICES Extension of Intergovernmental Agreement for Sale of Fuel with Douglas Education Service District
Extension of IGA which allows the Douglas Education Service District to obtain fuel for their vehicles from County fuel facilities.
8. PARK AND BUILDING FACILITIES ATV Grant Agreement
The Park Division has received a matching grant for operation and maintenance costs associated with off highway vehicle activity in Winchester Bay from the Oregon Parks & Recreation Department. The maximum amount of grant funds the County would receive is $54,019.00. The Park Division requests the Board of Commissioners approve the grant agreement.
9. PUBLIC WORKS Contract Extension With Biomass One
Contract extension with Biomass One for the sale of recycled material from the Douglas County Landfill. Biomass One agrees to pay County $4.00 per green ton.
10. PUBLIC WORKS Extension and Modification of Contract with Umpqua Research Co.
Extension and modification of contract with Umpqua Research Company, Inc., for landfill monitoring analysis.
11. PUBLIC WORKS Modification of Contract with Day Electric, Inc.
Modification of contract with Day Electric, Inc., for miscellaneous electrical maintenance and repair services at Galesville Dam.
12. SHERIFF Extension of Intergovernmental Agreement with City of Drain
Fourth Extension of Intergovernmental Agreement with the City of Drain to provide police services for the fiscal year July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011. Revenue is $115,477.00.
13. SHERIFF Contract with Parkway Animal Hospital to Sell Dog Licenses (STRUCK FROM AGENDA)
First contract extension between Douglas County and Parkway Animal Hospital to sell dog licenses.
14. SHERIFF All Terrain Vehicle (ATV) Grant for Patrol of the Oregon Dunes
ATV grant for patrol of the Oregon Dunes. The State agrees to pay the County $15,960.00 or 80% of the total cost of the project, whichever amount is less from the monies available in the ATV Account.
15. SHERIFF Extension of Contract for the Medical Examiner
Extension of current Medical Examiner contract. Cost is $3,000.00 per month
16. SHERIFF Contract with the City of Sutherlin
Contract with the City of Sutherlin for inmate housing fees. Revenue to Douglas County is $70.00 per day per inmate.
17. MISCELLANEOUS Review and Funding Decisions for Title III Applications Under PL 106-393, SRS Act of 2000, Round 9
> Phoenix School Watershed Enhancement Education - $8,650.00
> Hinkle Creek Paired Watershed Study & Research Demo - $150,000.00
> Communities for Healthy Forests - $125,000.00
> National Association of Counties Forest Policy Internship - $8,051.00
> County Education on Federal Forest Lands Issues - $30,000.00
18. MISCELLANEOUS Review and Funding Decisions for Title III Applications Under PL 110-343, 2008 from Outside Agencies, Round 2
> Douglas County Fire District #2/Sutherlin Fire Department Rescue Team - $12,900.00
> Phoenix School Youth Conservation Corps - $15,580.00
> SW Oregon RC&D Council Forest Landowner Guide - $10,050.00
> DFPA CWPP Action Plan, Defensible Space - $33,481.00
> DFPA CWPP Action Plan, Mitigation Assessment - $60,484.00
> DFPA Fire Wise Project - $276,987.00
19. MISCELLANEOUS Review and Funding Decisions for Title III Applications Under PL 110-343, 2008 from In-House, Round 2
> DC Sheriffs Search and Rescue Program - $454,238.00
> DC Fire and Disaster Warning System - $20,000
> DC Community Wildfire Protection Plan 2010 Update -- $75,190.00
> DCPW Work Crew, Defensible Space for Wild Land Fires (DFPA) - $76,500.00
> DCPW Work Crew, Defensible Fire Space Project (BLM) -- $70,000.00
> DFPA Douglas County Work Youth Work Crew Program - $321,034.00
20. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION OF COUNTY BUSINESS
21. COMMISSIONERS COMMENTS
22. ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING
The next regularly scheduled Board of Commissioners meeting will be held June 9, 2010 at 9:00 a.m. in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, OR.
Douglas County may audio/video record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes. A copy of any audio/video recording is available upon written request made to the Information Technology department. Cost is $5 per cd/dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs. Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470. Please include dates of requested dvd's or cd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting