|Commissioners Agenda for Wednesday, May 23, 2012
THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
||5/23/2012 9:00 AM
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PROCLAMATION – PARENTING EDUCATION AWARENESS WEEK
MINUTES of the Board meeting held on May 9, 2012
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. BID OPENING – Public Works
Slurry Seal of Green District Streets, Douglas County, Oregon
2. COUNTY COUNSEL – Agreement for Payment of Assets ( Paul Meyer)
Agreement regarding payment of taxes from Horizon Honda
3. COUNTY COUNSEL -- Consent and Agreement (Paul Meyer)
Consent and Agreement between Douglas County, Roseburg LFG Energy, LLC and Caterpillar Financial Services, documents include: Consent with Caterpillar, amendment of the lease and gas purchase agreement, and amended memorandum of lease.
4. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – Contract Extension ( Kevin Potter)
Second Contract extension with Douglas Fast Net for internet provider services to the County. The modification increases the connection speed from 15Mb; to 30Mb. Cost remains the same at $750 monthly.
5. PLANNING – Planning Advisory Committee (PAC) Reappointment (Keith Cubic)
Open recruitment is not conducted on PAC reappointments; the Committee for Citizen Involvement (CCI) solicits from each PAC Chair and member before recommendation. The CCI recommends the reappointment of William Starns and Stephanie Morgan to the Callahan PAC, Richard Davison to the Coastal PAC, Joe Coons, Kittie Jo Coons and Chad Mast to the North County PAC, Jay Couron to the North Umpqua PAC, Patrick Hayley to the Roseburg/Douglas PAC and Clem Dewart to the South County PAC. Note:
6. PUBLIC WORKS - Contract Extension (Robb Paul)
Contract Extension with Forslund Crane Service Inc. for crane service as needed. Various rates, not to exceed $50,000.00.
7. PUBLIC WORKS – Contract Extension (Robb Paul)
Extension of contract with Pickets Engineering LLC for engineering and hydrogeologic services at Reedsport and Roseburg Landfill.
8. PUBLIC WORKS – Contract Extension (Robb Paul)
Extension of contract with Umpqua Research Company Inc., for landfill monitoring analysis.
9. PUBLIC WORKS – Lease Extension (Robb Paul)
Farm lease extension with Tanner Langdon for 273 acres of the Milltown Hill property.
10. PUBLIC WORKS – Lease (Robb Paul)
Lease with Susie L. Harms and John D. Brown III for 292 acres of the Milltown Hill property.
11. PUBLIC WORKS – Contract Extension (Robb Paul)
Sixth extension of extended warranty agreement No. 22578 with C.F. Malm LLC., for SCADA system at Galesville Dam.
12. PUBLIC WORKS – Contract Extension (Robb Paul)
Fifth extension of contract with C.F. Malm LLC., for engineering and consulting services for Galesville Dam.
13. PUBLIC WORKS – Contract Extension (Robb Paul)
Contract extension with Jack Mathis Construction LLC., for crane service as needed. Various rates, not to exceed $50,000.00.
14. PUBLIC WORKS – Contract (Robb Paul)
Contract with LTM, Inc., dba Knife River in the amount of $254,772.00 for overlay of Tiller Trail Hwy and North Main Street, County Road #1, M.P. 2.14 to M.P. 3.46.
15. SHERIFF – Emergency Operations Plan (Wayne Stinson)
Revised Emergency Operation Plan. Plan to update the current December 2009 plan.
16. SHERIFF – Contract Extension with the City of Roseburg (John Hanlin)
Eighth Contract Extension between Douglas County and the City of Roseburg for the housing of inmates. Revenue to County: $73.20 per inmate per day.
17. SHERIFF – Contract Extension with the City of Winston (John Hanlin)
Contract Extension between Douglas County and the City of Winston for the housing of inmates. Revenue to the County: $73.20 per inmate per day.
18. SHERIFF – Homeland Security Grant Award (Wayne Stinson)
Homeland Security Grant award for law enforcement software project. Grant award to Douglas County: $583,500.00
19. MISCELLANEOUS – Review and Funding Decisions for Title III Applications Under PL 106-393, SRS Act of 2000, Round 11 (Doug Robertson)
Hinkle Creek Paired Watershed Study & Research Demo Area -- $50,000
Communities for Healthy Forests -- $125,000
County Education on Federal Forest Land Issues -- $30,000
Rock-Ed Outdoor Educational Facility -- $88,000
DTO Forest Products Pavilion -- $100,000
USDA Wildlife Services -- $38,000
20. MISCELLANEOUS – Review and Funding Decisions for Title III Applications Under PL 110-343, 2008, Round 4. All are 3 year projects; 2012-13, 2013-14 and 2014-15 (Doug Robertson)
Douglas County (DC) Sheriff’s Search and Rescue Program -- $1,400,550
DC Sheriff’s Fire & Disaster Warning System -- $48,000
DC Planning Community Wildfire Protection Plan Update -- $242,202
DC Public Works/Work Crew Defensible Space-Tiller USFS -- $210,000
DC Public Works/Work Crew Defensible Space-Roseburg BLM -- $210,000
DC Public Works Firewise County Road Vegetation Control -- $3,175,000
DFPA County Youth Work Program -- $600,000
Phoenix School Firewise Youth Conservation Corp -- $75,000.
21. MISCELLANEOUS – Appointment to Fair Oaks Fire District (Susan Morgan)
Appointment of one member to the Fair Oaks Fire District. Six applications were received.
22. MISCELLANEOUS – Appointment to the Local Public Safety Coordinating Council (LPSCC) (Gillian Wesenberg)
A vacancy exists on the LPSCC for the Juvenile Department Director position per ORS 423.560 due to the resignation of Christina McMahan. Aric Fromdahl, Juvenile Director will assume the position on the Council.
23. MISCELLANEOUS – Appointment to the Healthy Start Advisory Board (Gillian Wesenberg)
A vacancy exists on the Healthy Start Advisory Board due to the resignation of the Head Start Director, Deborah Boswell. Maureen Short has been named as Ms. Boswell’s replacement and will fill the vacant position with a term ending: November 2, 2013.
24. MISCELLANEOUS – Appointment to the Law Library Board
Two vacancies exist on the Law Library Board due to the resignation of Richard Cremer and Paul Meyer. The Law Library Board recommends the appointment of Sharon Lee Schwartz and David Hall to fill the positions. There are no term limits on this committee.
25. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION
26. COMMISSIONER’S COMMENTS
27. ADJOURNMENT of the Business Meeting of the Douglas County Board of Commissioners
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be held May 30, 2012 at 9:00 a.m. in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, OR.
Douglas County may audio/video record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes. A copy of any audio/video recording is available upon written request made to the Information Technology department. Cost is $5 per cd/dvd copy plus $2 shipping costs. Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123, Roseburg, OR 97470. Please include dates of requested dvd's or cd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting