Archives will be closed May 13 thru June 3, 2013
The Douglas County Clerk’s Archives is located in Room 101 on the bottom floor of the Courthouse at 1036 SE Douglas, Roseburg OR.
Our mailing address is:
Douglas County Clerk
Roseburg, OR 97470
Our phone number is 541-440-4326.
Public PC’s are available in Archives for research on a first come, first serve basis. Copies of documents printed by the public are $.25 per page.
Every effort is made to keep Archives opened Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., however due to staffing constraints please call 541-440-4326 before you come into the Courthouse to do research to assure that someone will be available to assist you.
Available for research:
- Deed Records: 1853 to present day.
- County Court Journal/Commissioner’s Proceedings:
1853 to present day.
- Marriage Records: 1853 to present day.
- Circuit Court Cases: 1852 to 1975 only.
- Probate Cases: 1853 to 1982 only.
- Court Delayed Birth Certificates: Various.
- Inquests: 1896 to 1972 only.
- Naturalization records: 1859 to 1975 only.
- Wills: 1859 to 1969 only (these are incomplete).
- Election Records: 1900 to 1974 only.
- Voter Registration: Purged prior to 1993.
- Adoption Records: Available by Court Order only.
- Insanity Records: Available by Court Order only.
- Birth Records: Less than six months since the event, contact the Douglas County Health Department. More than six months since the event, contact State Vital Records in Portland. We do not file Birth Records.
- Death Records: Less than six months since the event, contact the Douglas County Health Department. More than six months since the event, contact State Vital Records in Portland. We only record Death records for real property purposes.
To obtain copies of documents or have a search done, you may come into the office (please call ahead) or send a written request with a check or money order or order by phone using a credit/debit card. The minimum fee is $4.00 by mail or phone request.
||Per Plain Copy of Document
||Per Certified Copy of Document