THE DOUGLAS COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Douglas County Courthouse, Room 216 Roseburg,
02/27/2013 9:00:00 AM
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MINUTES of the Board meeting held on February 20, 2013
CITIZEN PARTICIPATION FOR COMMENTS ON AGENDA ITEMS ONLY
1. PUBLIC HEARING -- Re-Annexation of Property (Keith Cubic)
Annexation of Property and Order Incorporating Territory in to the Tenmile Rural Fire District. Chief Petitioner: REDENIUS.
2. PUBLIC HEARING -- Re-Annexation of Property(Keith Cubic)
Annexation of Property and Order Incorporating Territory in to the Fair Oaks Rural Fire District. Chief Petitioner: YARBROUGH.
3. COMMISSION ON CHILDREN & FAMILIES – Acceptance of Ford Family Foundation Grant (Gillian Wesenberg)
Grant Agreement with the Ford Family Foundation for $200,000 over 2 years to be used for the Build Our Kids Replication Project.
4. HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES – FTA Certification & Assurances (Peggy Madison)
Annual list of Certifications and Assurances for Public Transportation for Transit Administration Grants and Cooperative Agreements for signature.
5. HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES – Server Hardware for Virtualization Project (Peggy Madison)
Server Hardware for Virtualization Project. The cost is $48,363.61 and has been included in the current year budget.
6. PUBLIC WORKS – Order Authorizing Purchase of Herbicides (Robb Paul)
Order authorizing the purchase of herbicides from Helena Chemical Company. The cost is $88,642.56 and will be purchased from the Oregon Cooperative Purchasing Program. Purchase is exempt from competitive bidding per LCRB rule 4.24
7. SHERIFF’S OFFICE – Grant Agreement (Wayne Stinson)
Grant Agreement with Oregon Department of Transportation to purchase (4) new radar units. Grant funded with $5,000 match funds from the Sheriff’s budget.
8. SHERIFF’S OFFICE – Grant Agreement – (Wayne Stinson)
Grant Agreement with Oregon Department of Transportation to purchase a trailer to haul supplies for the Child Passenger Safety (CPS) program. Grant funded with match funds from the Sheriff’s budget.
9. MISCELLANEOUS – Reappointment to Water Resources Advisory Board (Robb Paul)
Vacancies exist on the Water Resources Advisory Board (WRAB) due to the expired terms of Judith Bacon and Lois Sonka. The vacancies were advertised with Douglas County media and two applications were received. The WRAB voted unanimously to reappoint Ms. Bacon and Ms. Sonka to new terms that would end January 1, 2017.
10. MISCELLANEOUS – Reappointment to Darley Drive Special Road District (Doug Robertson)
A vacancy exists on the Darley Drive Special Road District due to the expired term of Tom Wimberly. Mr. Wimberly would like to be reappointed to a new term that would end December 31, 2015.
11. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION
12. COMMISSIONER’S COMMENTS
13. ADJOURNMENT AND NEXT MEETING
The next regularly scheduled Board meeting will be held March 6, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. in Room 216 of the Douglas County Courthouse, Roseburg, OR.
Douglas County may
video/audio record the proceedings of this meeting for future broadcast or other purposes.
A copy of any video/audio recording is available upon written request made to the
Information Technology department. Cost is $5 per dvd or cd copy plus $2 shipping costs.
Send a money order to: Douglas County Information Technology, 1036 SE Douglas, Room 123,
Roseburg, OR 97470. Please include dates of requested dvd's or cd's and shipping address.
part of public policy, Douglas County will attempt
to provide public accessiblilty to services, programs
and activities. If accommodation is needed to
participate at this meeting, please contact the
Board of Commissioner's office (541) 440-4201
at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting