Together with community partners, we assist seniors to enjoy independence, dignity, choice and quality of life.
Douglas County Senior Services provides services to the entire county. Services provided are managed in partnership,
with the State of Oregon and other community partnerships. Services are provided and coordinated through seven senior
dining sites in: Glendale, Glide, Reedsport, Riddle, Sutherlin, Winston, and Yoncalla.
WHO ARE WE:
The Area Agency on Aging (AAA) is sponsored by Douglas County and the board of commissioners and we are funded by
federal, state, local funds and donations. We are located on the 2nd floor of the court house in room 221.
WHAT IS OUR FOCUS:
Our primary goal is to provide a comprehensive and coordinated system of services for person that are age 60 and
over and their families. These services include social, protective and health services that can increase the opportunity
for independence, choice, dignity and a higher quality of life.
WHO DO WE SERVE?
- Those needing information about any program for seniors or adults with disabilities in our communities.
- Those aging adults who may have conditions that cause frailty and adults with disabilities least able to care for themselves.
- Those likely to need more costly public service unless they receive immediate help.
- Those needing information about programs for seniors or adults with disabilities in our communities.
- Those needing some assistance because of economic and social factors.
- Those caring for a family member.